PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As Finance Manager, you are responsible for the leadership, management and supervision of all aspects of Finance, including maintaining efficient and timely financial reporting in relation to all operations of ChildFund Laos. You will report directly to Country Director. You will also be responsible for ensuring all financial dealings meet international and Lao PDR standards for accounting practices. You are a member of ChildFund Laos Senior Management Team (SMT) and will be responsible for managing the finance team in all ChildFund Laos offices, whilst working closely with the Finance team in ChildFund Australia’s Sydney office.
- Manage annual or longer-term budgets and detailed expenditure plans for ChildFund Laos
- Ensure financial reporting is timely, accurate and comprehensive on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Manage the documentation and monitoring of expenditures against approved budgets
- Provide details of significant variances against budget/forecast to the Country Director and senior managers/budget holders
- Manage accounting systems for the Vientiane Office, Field Offices and for partners in-line with ChildFund guidelines and Lao PDR accounting regulations
- Ensure high-level organisational compliance with the finance manual
- Ensure that the annual external audit is completed, and conduct regular internal audits of ChildFund’s project partners
- Provide support to the SMT in accounting and financial issues including but not limited to exchange rate management, budget preparation, and reporting
- Provide training and support for staff and partners to ensure projects follow ChildFund, Government and donor financial standards, policies and procedures
- Lead the review and improvement of ChildFund’s finance systems, policies, and documentation.
- Other requirement from line manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant post graduate and/or graduate degree in
accounting, financial management or a related field
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar role with at least 3 years in a managerial position with an INGO or similar organisation
- Broad and current understanding of international and Lao PDR accounting
- Experience in developing and implementing financial policies and procedures
- Proven experience of producing high quality financial statements and reports
- Track record in using payroll systems and reporting
- Experience in training and coaching staff and partners
- Spoken and written fluency in Lao and English.
- Experience in working with Sage Accounting System
- Master’s degree in Finance/accounting, project management technical management or related field.
Location: ChildFund in Laos, Saphanthong Neua Village, House No. 598, Unit 26, Sisattanak District, Vientiane, Laos
Employment: Full-time, Initial two years employment agreement, the position is based in Vientiane Capital.
Reports to: Country Director
Other Information: Must have criminal background check before joining the organisation
Please apply at: Send your Cover Letter and CV to https://teamchildfund.bamboohr.com/careers/356
by latest 4:30 pm, on 14th May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted.