All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and staff members live in communal environments. Understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and for those around you. Make yourself aware of, and comply with all safety protocols (including COVID-19), which may differ between locations, based on local risk assessment and local regulations.
Vaccination is required in all in-person work environments including program bases, offices, and team meetings. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt folks to join these meetings and events virtually, to ensure we are providing an inclusive and accessible environment for people who are unvaccinated, vaccinated and at high risk, or avoiding in person events out of concern for others in their circle.
Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Not open to US residents. The start date for this position is 19th September 2022.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us.
We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day.
Everyone is welcome.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides relief to survivors of disasters. The position is full-time and responsible for managing program finances as well as the logistics of the projects; procurement of materials and tools, facilitating coordination of volunteer teams to and from sites, tracking purchases and ensuring payments are made in an appropriate time frame.
- Reports to Project Manager and Operations Manager
- Roles reporting to position None
- Approximate number of reports 0
- Responsible for petty cash distribution, management and reconciliation
- Work with the program team to understand and request appropriate funding
- Daily, weekly and monthly expense tracking and reporting
- Assist Business Analyst in tracking and managing the program budget
- Assist the Operations Manager, Project Manager, and Program Director with budget tracking and cash-flow projections for the whole program
- Schedule vendor timely payments and facilitate payroll for local staff in compliance with local regulations and local partners.
- Brainstorm and implement cost-saving initiatives on program
- Work with site teams and PM to manage site logistics and relationships with local suppliers
- In coordination with the project teams, organize regular tool and material inventories and tool repairs for all sites
- Responsible for procurement of construction supplies, tools, and materials for all project sites
- Assist with sourcing local contractors, suppliers, and rental equipment as well as procurement of medical and base supplies
- In coordination with the OM, manage daily transportation and telecommunication for logistics, project teams, staff and volunteers
- Maintain accurate tracking systems for purchased tools and materials on all sites
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers, therefore we require all of our on program staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Perform other duties as required
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Related Experience Must have 1 year of experience working or volunteering with All Hands and Hearts or another disaster response organization. Minimum 1 year experience managing logistics and/or finance. International travel experience preferred.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Driver’s license required. Polish fluency desired. Excellent written and oral communication skills (In Polish and English preferably) and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Applicants need to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Environment/Conditions Communal living environment. Frequent high-stress situations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $800-$1200 USD/ month, based on skills and experience.
- Room & board
- Monthly R&R breaks with allowance
- Visa extension reimbursement
- Travel to and from program location
- Coverage for emergency medical injury or illness
- Costs related to COVID-19 entry requirements
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.