Internal Job Vacancy
Finance Assistant @ KOPILA VALLEY SEWA SAMAJ
About Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj (KVSS): “A world where every child is educated, safe, and loved” KVSS is a non-profitable NGO registered in Surkhet, Nepal to provide support for children and families in the community. Our mission is to change the world by empowering Nepal’s children. Our programs include a residential children’s home, women’s empowerment center, sustainability, school, health and wellness, and family development. We provide our students a free education, educational materials, health treatment and medicine, counseling, and a place to live. With our innovative future program, we strive to provide our children with career guidance, and scholarships for further studies. We do this with our funding partner BlinkNow Foundation and in close ties with the local government and communities.
Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj at this time is requiring the energetic, hard-working, receptive candidate in the position of Finance Assistant. The Finance Assistant of KVSS will work in close coordination with and strategic guidance from the Finance Coordinator, the Finance Assistant will provide support on financial management, accounting, administration to maintain a transparent, accountable and responsible internal control system within the organization. FA will work closely with Support staff, Drivers, Admin & HR management team to implement financial and administrative planning. The employee should have patience and passion for working with children. This is a full-time position and long-term role in shaping the sustainable future of Kopila Valley.
- Education: Intermediate in accounting/finance, Bachelor running or any relevant discipline.
- Experience: At least 2 years of proven experience
- Language: A good communicator, and fluent in English and Nepali
- Skills and Abilities: Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS word, excel. Ability to work in the team, and have teamwork spirit, ability to work under pressure, and ready to work long hours if required, 2-wheeler license. Works collaboratively and independently with the least supervision required.
- Assist in all aspects of financial matters, including filling and documentation.
- Collection of invoices & verify accuracy & full supporting document then submit to Account coordinator for payments.
- Support to account for timely payment of wages and other payments.
- Ensure the signature on receipt, bill, necessary documents and payment is done timely
- Ensure that all the due diligence is completed, receipts and required financial documents are completed before payment to vendors.
- Maintain books of account and ensure standard documentation of organization’s transactions.
- Prepare journal entries for posting to general ledger or for accounting software.
- Maintain financial records, documents, and assist in administrative tasks.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded, maintained, and updated.
- Report to supervisor regarding the admin and financial performance on a periodic basis or as per requirement.
- Handle petty cash for daily operations of the office & checking petty cash level and prepare cash verification report once a month and update the Cash Book every day and keep informed to Supervisor.
- Support in the FC’s routine of organizational financial management through verification of invoice payment and accuracy, and salary disbursal etc. as and when required.
- Responsible to scan/photocopy and print out the required documents and filing the vouchers properly as per required
- Perform banking duties including deposit of cheque, collection of petty cash and other banking transactions and payments
- Maintain good relationships with vendors, visit markets, vendors to collect the invoices or payment related documents.
- Assist to prepare/collect price quotations, purchase requests and bid analysis in compliance with Financial Rules and Regulation and work closely with the Finance coordinator or as per required.
- Provide support to identify suppliers in consultation with Procurement team and make sure that the quality of service is good and timely delivered
- Monthly reconciliation of Bank statements and party reconciliations.
- Support for the preparation of periodic financial reports and its presentation in the organization.
- Meet the tax compliances and other Legal compliances.
- Assist to the Finance Coordinator with monthly spending reports and financial reporting requirements or reimbursement requests.
- Assist Finance Coordinator with donor required audits, annual statutory audit and internal audit and follow up auditor’s recommendation.
- Perform other duties with sensitive and confidential nature.
- Maintain a loan book of office current assets, camera and other office equipment.
- Support to the Admin team for maintaining vehicle/motorbike log-books and preparing log reports and fuel consumption reports.
- Support to admin team for managing office vehicle movement plan, vehicle servicing, maintenance and regular check up
- Support to the admin team for maintaining stock book/coding inventory of fixed assets and office supplies, assets loan book management, annual physical verification and ready for annual verification at audit time.
- Ensure payment and delivery of office utilities and other office logistics costs which include SSF, TDS to respective agencies and collect the documents as required.
- Upon delegation, taking an acting role in an absence of the Admin & Finance staff.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Finance Assistant may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by his/her supervisor.
- Build positive working relationships and environment in the organization by bringing solutions to the discussion table.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all interactions and execution of duties including ensuring confidentiality as per the organization’s protocols.
- Report to the supervisor on a weekly basis, and as needed in case of urgent activities.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with the staff members of KVSS.
- Demonstrate strong work ethics, compassion, and professionalism and exhibit a high level of integrity towards the organization.
- Arrange and attend regular staff meetings both within and outside the Admin & Finance team.
- Communicating regularly, this includes responding to messages and emails promptly.
- You believe that we can change the world, in the blink of an eye
- You believe in making decisions that put children first
- You are self-motivated, organized, and approachable
- You enjoy creating systems, keeping records, and increasing efficiency
- You are always looking for new ways for our team to work smarter instead of harder
- You are detail-oriented and conscientious. You make sure nothing slips through the cracks
- You have a strong work ethic and a willingness to pick up new skills. You are comfortable multi-tasking
- You are positive, patient, and a clear communicator who is comfortable working with both Kopila Valley staff.
- You are an empathetic person, with a knack for putting out fires before they start and soothing conflicts brewing beneath the surface
- You require little supervision and are flexible. You understand that you will be wearing many hats in this role, many of which are not explicitly included in this job description
If you think this career opportunity will amplify your career growth, we encourage you to apply by clicking “Apply for this Job” and submit all required document before 26 October 2022. If your application is a good fit, we will follow up with you directly for the screening process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
If you have any queries/information, please send us at email@example.com, (please do not send us your application and CV in this email).