- Execute service in compliance with the maintenance protocol of each type of engine (for example: check/replace oil level and filters, spark plugs, valve clearance), as well as perform relevant measurements. Carry on minor repairs on the engine additionally to the planned service, if necessary.
- Perform troubleshoot activities to understand mechanic and/or electronic failures on the engine and it associated control systems – diagnosis. Check and analyze the engine’s historical data.
- Manage customer expectation and report on the progress of the activities.
- Provide a service report after each service performed in a timely manner, describing the reason for the visit, actions performed, results obtained, use of parts/materials and if needed, recommending follow-up actions.
- Take part in the execution of major service on the engine ensuring the compliance with the manufacturer’s manuals and procedures.
- Manage and work with third party suppliers.
- Process timesheets, expense reports, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) forms.
- Comply with all EHS policies and procedures to ensure a safe and productive work site. Keep a clean and tidy working environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience as mechanic. Preferred with Otto cycle engines and gensets (gas engines desired).
- Technical Professional Qualification (technical course) according to MEC (Brazilian Ministry of Education and Culture).
- Basic IT skills (outlook, word, excel).
- English and Spanish level, at least beginner or above
- Excellent technical specialist knowledge and customer service abilities.
- Ability to handle stress, stability working under pressure and resilience.
- Familiar with Jenbacher reciprocating gas/diesel engines.
- Available for extensive travel, up to 75%.
- Able to understand and implement technical procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong customer focus
- Able to effectively interact with customers
- Work effectively, as part of a team of technicians, or individually.
- Have some computer knowledge that allows the creation of customer service reports
- Strong written and verbal abilities in local language (Portuguese).
- Possess a valid drivers license