Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us. We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day. Everyone is welcome.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides community-inspired, volunteer-powered disaster relief. The position is full time and is responsible for general program support and a team oriented approach to a flexible response program with responsibilities including volunteer management, work queue management, assessments and scope identification, and maintaining relations between All Hands and Hearts and local beneficiaries.
- Reports to Project Manager
- Roles reporting to position None
- Approximate number of reports 0
- Provide support to the program team as a whole, plugging a variety of gaps and program needs as they arise. This may include the following:
- Management of the field work queue including scheduling and conducting assessments, coordinating new work sites, and management of program data on All Hands and Heart’s organizational database (Salesforce).
- Tracking of material usage, work records, and other data as needed in Salesforce.
- Leading teams of volunteers on weed abatement scopes, community work and other work projects if skills are relevant.
- Seek out, build and maintain relationships with local NGOs and possible beneficiaries in the area, attend coordination meetings as required and identify unmet needs and opportunities for All Hands and Hearts to engage
- Work with Project Manager to organize and manage transport and telecommunications for teams in the field
- Work with the Project Manager on procurement of construction supplies, tools, and materials for project sites, if construction related scopes
- Support overall base management and general program operations.
- Reviewing, modifying, and implementing appropriate health and safety practices across sites including risk assessments, incident reporting, training, and documentation.
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers, therefore we require all of our on program staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Perform other duties as required
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent
- Related Experience Previous work in a disaster response organization or working/volunteering with All Hands and Hearts preferred. Experience with managing unskilled volunteers in the field is required. Preferred previous experience working or volunteering in the humanitarian field.
- **Special Competencies/**Certifications Must have a current and valid US driver’s license. Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Confident working with Google Workspace, particularly Google Docs and Google Sheets. The applicant needs to be well organized, detail-oriented and process driven. The applicant should have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Constantly works in outdoor adverse weather conditions
- Frequently moves items weighing up to 40 lbs on work site or on base
- Frequently operates construction equipment, mitigation/weed abatement equipment (bush wacker)
- Frequently operates computer
- Living in communal environment
- High stress situations
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $16/hour USD/ hour, based on position, skills and experience.
- Room & board included.
- Monthly R&R breaks
- Travel to and from program location
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans (US Employees)
- Flex Spending Account (US Employees)
- 401K with safe harbor match for U.S. staff (US Employees)
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.