Currently, CQC is expanding its activities to cover most of the districts in the southern region while maintain sustainability of the existing projects in the central and part of the southern region. The company is therefore inviting applications from suitably qualifying Malawians to fill in the following positions: FIELD COORDINATORS (10)
Overall responsibility for daily implementation of on the ground project activities, including sensitization and mobilization of beneficiaries, training communities on cookstoves, bamboo and other C-Quest Capital follow on project interventions, participatory monitoring of activities, data collection including thorough inventory of all project assets, beneficiary grievance handling, identification and documentation of project successes, challenges, opportunities and impacts and not limited to the following:
- Implement activities to create demand for CQC Rocket Stoves and subsequent installation of the stoves through activities including, Community leadership engagement, community sensitisation/awareness meetings, training meetings, and household inspections.
- Build a strong good relationship with community leaders and the community members at large, to ensure their full participation in project implementation and monitoring.
- Facilitate Identification and engagement of community volunteers and mentor, manage and monitor them on project activities at a village, GVH and VDC level.
- Coordinate community facilitators and work with the support of ADCs in implementing project activities.
- Conduct stakeholder mapping/analysis and coordinate with existing key stakeholders working within same areas implementing similar project interventions to avoid duplication of efforts
- Adherence to CQC Standard Operating Procedures and contribution of innovative ideas towards the long-term sustainability of the project at a community level.
- Facilitate and encourage ventilated and half-wall kitchens, stoves maintenance, kitchen and firewood management and correct usage of CQC stoves.
- Keep robust and detailed records of company assets and activities including, meeting attendances, performance tracking records for every community facilitator, asset inventory tracking, writing first hand case studies on impact stories of the project in the community, and providing reports and supporting documents for financial and audit purposes.
- Handle and report beneficiary grievances and thoroughly manage grievance registers.
- Manage and coordinate other C-Quest Capital interventions like bamboo planting, VSL and Girls education bursary among others, in the community.
- Uphold organisation’s safeguarding principles and always follow safeguarding policies. Responsibly responding to all community and beneficiaries’ queries, requests and issues.
- Perform all other duties as requested and assigned by Program officers and other managers.
- Diploma in Natural Resources Management, Environment, Agriculture, Community Development, Social work with not less than 3 years’ practical work experience in implementing cookstove programs and any other relevant field. Those with a degree will have an added advantage.
- Demonstratable experience in extension work and community work, with strict adherence to set procedures.
- Strong knowledge and understanding related to cleaner cooking, its challenges and opportunities in implementation.
- A motorcycle rider with a full valid motorcycle license.
- Skills in ICT operation, and proficient in using MS Office.
- Skills and experience in electronic data collection tools using android phones with adequate skills on internet usage.
- Poses good analytical skills, Management and Leadership skills, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and analytical/problem-solving abilities.
- Able to work and fit in different cultural environments.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chichewa.
- Skills and experience in facilitating trainings at a community level.
- High level of integrity in following and complying to the standard operating procedure in course of project implementation and with good ethics.