Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
LOCATION: Hybrid 2-3 days Austin TX or Raleigh NC, other EDF offices considered
The Coordinator plays a key role in the success of the program by driving key fellowship processes and projects including overseeing the fellow and host relationship management process, organizing summer events, and tracking and vetting program and fellowship results. The Coordinator works closely with the rest of the Climate Corps team to deliver a high-quality fellowship experience for all stakeholders, and to leverage the results and relationships developed through Climate Corps to advance EDF’s goals.
- Oversee the Climate Corps fellow and host relationship management process - which begins with host application submissions and continues through the end of the summer fellowships - by annually updating communications materials such as call guides and email templates, coordinating information gathering from the team, leading the team through key engagement management tasks, coordinating with IT to update automated Salesforce emails and workflows, identifying, acting as point of contact for alumni engagement managers, and identifying and enacting efficiencies in the processes where possible
- Identify, develop, organize, and promote non-subject matter related summer events and resources, including overseeing the fellow-led social activities committee, determining and offering writing support, coordinating mental health resources, and overseeing the communication of the summer calendar of fellowship events
- Lead fellow awards process to collect nominations and determine award winners in collaboration with other Climate Corps staff
- Perform analyses on Climate Corps project data including hiring a team of reviewers to facilitate the quality assurance process for fellows’ project recommendations
- Track and evaluate fellowship program results, such as project implementation, by working with team members to collect information using excel, surveys, Salesforce.com and other methods at various points throughout the year
- Coordinate details of the EDF paid-fellow process with HR or third-party including coordinating with fellows to ensure submission of relevant forms and with HR/third-party to ensure payment of salaries
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Contribute to other key fellowship activities, including fellow recruitment presentations, fellow application screening, host recruitment, fellow Training, feedback surveys and after-action reviews.
- Oversee 10-15 key relationships with companies and public sector organizations, advise on the scope of work for the engagements, oversee summer fellowships and ensure successful completion of fellowship deliverables
- Bachelor's degree plus 3+ years of work experience, or master’s degree with 1 years of work experience
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated ability to use independent judgement to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload
- Good attention to detail and personal organization skills
- Comfort with Excel and performing basic data analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience, and ability to build strategic relationships
- Basic knowledge of the business implications of environmental issues
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative and geographically dispersed team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and professional environment
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and background
- Willingness to travel (10% of the time)
- Proficiency in the use of PCs, Microsoft Office suite, Google products, and familiarity with Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM software). Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
The pay range for this role is shown below.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.