The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem – Assessment Services seeks to hire a Feasibility Review Engineer. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for reviewing drawings and completing desktop risk analysis of the pipelines Xylem is proposing to use inline inspection technologies. The successful candidate will support business development opportunities from around the world.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop intimate knowledge of Xylem’s specific inline inspection equipment.
- Identify and report pipeline specific criteria (features and hydraulic conditions) that may impact the success of a proposed inline inspection project.
- Review pipeline plan and profile drawings and create digital representations of the information.
- Assist in uploading and maintaining all pipeline and inspection information in a Geospatial database.
- Assist in preparation of project cost estimates by ensuring that all quantities, rates, and inspection assumptions are correct.
- Assist in preparing inspection planning documents.
- Assist in conducting Site Visit remotely.
- Occasional review of pipeline video data.
- Occasional creation of pipeline pressure profile drawings.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Candidate must possess at least a professional license (Passed/Board/Bar/Professional license exam) in Engineering (Mechanical or Equivalent).
- Minimum 2-4 years field experience/ related in construction or engineering consulting background. Project management experience an asset.
- Proficient in understanding and interpreting engineering drawings of pipelines.
- Understanding pipeline networks and hydraulics is an advantage.
- Ability to produce a quantity take off (bill of quantities)
- Work well within a team environment.
- Can demonstrate a keen attention to detail.
- Emphasis on delivering high quality outputs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effective time management and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with MS office tools (specifically MS Excel)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an offer settling free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours:40 hours, overtime as required
- Hybrid Setup: Work from home and required to the report in the office at least once a week.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.