Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Executive Director, Regional Partner Operations – Midwest (ED) manages a portfolio of campuses within the Shorelight group of colleges and universities. The ED provides strategic and ongoing leadership to the Managing Directors, sharing best practices, managing performance based on Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and ensuring account management among university leadership on each campus. The main responsibility of this role is to ensure the consistent delivery of a high-quality experience for all students, ensuring the smooth operation of the program with a focus on enrollment growth and student success. This key leadership position is based at or near a Shorelight partner school, includes approximately 25% of travel to existing and prospective partnerships, and reports to the VP, Partner Operations – Signature Universities.
The ED successfully leads, motivates, and inspires senior managers who drive an innovative educational venture. He/She/They has/have exceptional presentation and negotiation skills along with the ability to work in a diverse environment and a cross-cultural awareness and understanding. The ED is a strategic thinker and problem solver who is exceptionally organized with strong attention to detail. He/She/They has/have outstanding oral and written communication skills, is comfortable multitasking, can change priorities to fit business needs, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Regional Campus Operations
- Provide leadership, manage performance, and ensure KPIs are exceeded and programs are running consistently in areas of student enrollment, satisfaction, student support, academic quality, staff engagement, and other metrics as determined by the partnership Steering Committee
- Identify, share, and encourage best practices to enable each campus to exceed objectives
- Create platform to report on monthly metrics, including but not limited to student enrollment, satisfaction, retention, progression, staff engagement, and P&L management
- Manage operations of the region, including ensuring systems and procedures are established and followed to maintain accurate records and reporting on all aspects of the program
- P&L responsibility for the region
- Represent the region internationally and domestically, including participation in marketing and recruitment events, partnership meetings, and Shorelight events
- Support the launch and management of other Shorelight Partnership Campus locations through participation in the business development and implementation cycles
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders including university leadership, Shorelight executive team, and global teams
- Liaise with key contacts at the university, on the Steering Committee, and at Shorelight to set partnership goals, track progress, and work with the Managing Director to identify opportunities for improvement and growth
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts and customer stakeholders
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in management with strong team motivational skills
- Demonstrated P&L responsibility
- Proven record of leadership delivering strategic, financial, and operational objectives
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree
- Work experience in international education, Pathways into universities, or the ESL sector
- Understanding of student support services for international students
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required--Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.