ActionAid is hiring an
Position: Executive Coordinator – Director for Humanitarian Response /Asia
Location: Nepal ,Vietnam, Thailand , Jordan
Contract duration: Permanent
Entry Salary: Local terms and conditions in locations specified above apply , equipvalent total package of international grade D, entry level of 39,100 GBP per annum
Closing date: 5PM GMT time on 28 February 2023
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced executive professional who wants to help people harness their own power to achieve a feminist, just, green transition in the 45 countries where ActionAid works.
This role is responsible for providing complex first class operational support across the full range of the Asia/ Humanitarian Director’s responsibilities. The role also provides g administrative support to Secretary General’s Directorate, International Board, Governance Board, Development Committee, The role works in collaboration with executive coordinators from other directorates to ensure synergies and collaborations of joint projects/ activities cross directorates when required. The role holder reports directly to Director for Humanitarian Response/ Asia Directorate with a matrix report to Secretary General Liaison Lead
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Executive Support to the Director
· Facilitate and enable a timely, efficient and effective delivery of the collective and objectives of functions/ team within the Directorate
· Maintain and coordinate Director’s calendar and event and ensure that the calendar are updated and followed up.
· Arrange and coordinate meetings of the directorate in charge, identify action Items from meeting minutes and agendas and monitor the progress of Action Items allocated to respective Heads and ensure that that these meetings are aligned with expected outcomes and expectations
· Assists the Asia/Humanitarian Response Director to ensure that staff in the Directorate are
constantly updated with relevant information and events concerning the Federation and the GS
· Assist the Director to deal with all matters brought to her/ him in a confidential and timely manner as required
2. Project Management and team support
· Provide support in coordinating Directorate planning and reporting's per the planning and reporting cycle and timelines, including specific role in monitoring and reviewing Directorate budgets in liaison with assigned Management Accountant.
· Arrange national and international travel, venues, and accommodation.
· Coordinate/ arrange training and inductions for new team members of the Directorate.
· Project management of all workshops, meetings, webinars, and virtual calls for all the Asia teams, including budget management.
· Provide administrative support to the SG’s Directorate and support SG Office’s Liaison Lead with processessing of invoices and logistic support for key meetings sitting within this office.
· Provide support to International Board Governance and Board Development committee including setting up meeting, minuting and working with governance lead to ensure agendas are well aligned with International Board and other committees.
· Monitor key actions coming from the International Leadership Team, the Global Leadership Team and the International Board and ensure they are communicated down to relevant members of the directorate and completion or updates on actions reported back up where appropriate.
· Providing adhoc support to othe executive coordinators as and when required as part of a network of support within the GS. Play an active role in collaboration and coordination with other executive coordinators and SG Office’s Liaison Lead in created a stronger, more collaborative and coordinated GS.
3. Procurement and Financial Management Suppport
· Process procurement requests through AAI’s systems, including identifying and comparing suppliers, with some commercial negotiation (but not final decision-making) for both Asia/Humanitarian and SG’s office Directorate.
· Review management accounts for Asia/ Humanitarian Director and work with finance to ensure the correct costs are posted to this cost-centre.
· Assist with processing of payments to suppliers – including obtaining relevant authorization and coding of vouchers etc for both Asia/Humanitarian and SG’s office Directorate.
· Follow up on supplier queries.
· Ensure budget-holder and Director sign off in line with AAI’s procurement policy.
· Records management, including filing all finance records.
4. System, Policies and Procedures and Product Management
· Maintains system to review Directorates own progress against internally agreed / externally communicated milestones and project plans.
5. Issue Resolutions, Crisis/Risk Management
· Identifies areas of improvement and implements systems that enable operational and administrative solutions within the Asia/ Humanitarian Directorate and the wider GS that brings greater efficiency
6. Communications, Influencing and Coordination
· Supports and facilitates internal communications within the directorateDirectorate across the GS directorate and between the Directorate and countries. This will include developing and monitoring any cluster/ directorate specific Sharepoints and MS Team spaces or any other identified and agreed platforms
· Keeps abreast of important and Directorate relevant updates and ensures that the information is cascaded to the Directorate
Education and Qualifications
· University graduate degree in communications, social study or other relevant discipline
· 3-4 years experience working in similar role
· Exerience as a a self-starter with the ability to work independently
· Excellent project management and administrative/office experience where initiative, problem-solving, liaising and diplomacy are required.
· Experience of financial administration, including budget monitoring within an international agency
· Good experience of supporting Directors / Senior leaders / Board.
· Experience in company secretarial tasks
· Adept at technology, familiar with standard Microsoft platforms and with social media and internet-based work-sharing and virtual seminar platforms, knowledge of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint is an advantage
· An understanding of INGO sector and program with organisations similar to AAI and understanding of Board and Board Committee Governance is an advantage
· Strong sense of focus on results, driving tasks and projects to completion
· Excellent organisation skills and outstanding attention to detail.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and ability to build good working relationships with multi-cultural teams spanning multiple geographies.
· High capacity for work output in order to meet tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
· Ability to sets clear priorities, objectives and work allocations, tracking progress against plans and taking appropriate action to ensure targets are met
· A business focus: the ability to identify areas of weakness, o to propose changes, the interpersonal skills and knowledge to be able to facilitate the changes.
· Virtual working skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to inform and engage through written communication
· Other languages, especially spoken in within Asia will be advantageous
HOW TO APPY
Please click on the "apply” button to start the application process:
Applications close on 5PM GMT time on 28 February 2023 . Please upload an up-to-date curriculum vitae and a covering letter, clearly explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Please check your application and make sure you meet all the essential criteria listed in the person specification. In addition, your application will be stronger if you meet at least some of the desirable criteria. If you do not meet at least all the essential criteria, please do not apply as we only consider candidates if they meet the essential criteria listed on the job description. We will only consider candidates who have the right to work in the specified locations.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
ActionAid International will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice.
ActionAid International welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity.
ActionAid is committed to recruiting candidates who promote ActionAid’s SHEA and Safeguarding policies and values.
ActionAid will only recruit candidate who are committed to SHEA and Safeguarding and ActionAid’s values, thereby helping to create safer working cultures. As a deterrence measure ActionAid is also committed to deterring candidates who are intending to cause harm from joining ActionAid.
ActionAid International collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants as part of any recruitment process. ActionAid International is committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations. Please visit our website https://actionaid.org/privacy-and-cookies or click the link Privacy notices to view our GDPR Privacy notice.