Location: International Office Vienna or Innsbruck
SOS Children's Villages, founded in 1949 by Hermann Gmeiner, is the world's largest non-governmental organization focused on supporting children and young people without parental care, or at risk of losing it.
Child neglect, abuse and abandonment is everywhere. Families are at risk of separation. Locally led, we work in more than 130 countries and territories to strengthen families who are under pressure so they can stay together. When this is not in a child or young person’s best interests, we provide quality care according to their unique needs.
Together with partners, donors, communities, children, young people and families, we enable children to grow up with the bonds they need to develop and become their strongest selves. We speak up for each child’s rights and advocate for change so all children can grow up in a supportive environment.
As an Administrative Assistant you will support the Integrity, Compliance & Legal (ICL) as well as the Internal Audit (IA) team with administration and audit assistance in view of the legal obligations of the two units to draft and issue professional/legal documentation without gaps and to (electronically) file and store such documentation in a secure and state-of-the-art manner.
In addition, you will ensure the coordination between ICL / IA and the various stakeholders within SOS Children`s Villages International in a confidential, efficient and effective manner.
Please note that this vacancy might be referenced to fill positions with a similar profile in other functions of SOS Children’s Villages International.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage required operational and administrative aspects for the Office of the ICL and IA, including but not limited to, maintaining the schedule of the International Directors and general correspondence
- Maintain, update and optimise ICL’s and IA’s electronic filing systems and collaboration platforms
- Organise travel arrangements for ICL and IA co-workers and handle travel expense claims
- Assist in audits in Member Associations and GSC (General Secretariat) capacity reviews, including in their preparation and follow-up tasks
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of strategic objectives within the assigned functional area(s) with relevant stakeholders and ensures follow up as required
- Maintain good communications and relationships with different stakeholders internally and externally
- Support the Head/ International Director and team members based in and outside of Austria to comply with relevant HR duties and rights, including working time sheets, leave requests, assistance with D365 system, updated organigram in the IT and Sharepoint system, liaison with HR where deemed necessary.
- Organise and support the preparation of meetings for the Head/ International Director. Maintains a calendar and documentation system for team and Network meetings, and participates in meetings within SOS Children’s Villages International to help with facilitation when relevant for the function.
- Supports the Head/International Director and their teams to fulfil administrative and financial requirements for smooth running.
- This includes preparation for Finance and Controlling monitoring cycle, budget planning and monitoring, invoice processing, update and implementation of the team’s financial guidelines, liaison with Finance department in Innsbruck and in the GSC offices outside of Austria.
- The incumbent supports the Head/International Director with preparation of key content for documents, presentations and the team’s presence on Sharepoint as needed
- Secondary education with an additional secretarial degree, preferably with a specialization in legal matters; or university degree in a relevant field of work
- Ideally minimum 2 years of professional experience in a relevant setting
- Professional experience in an international NGO or similar functional context is an advantage
- Excellent prioritization skills, effective use of own resources and staying calm and focused when complex tasks with a tight deadline are required
- Positive and solution-oriented hands-on working style with ability to deliver high-quality results
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Highly proficient in the use of standard software such as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint etc. as well as virtual collaboration tools
- Excellent English communication skills in written and verbal.
- Spanish and/or French is an advantage
- A valid Austrian working permit or eligibility to work within the EU
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- 14 salaries/year
- Flexible working hours
- Overtime – does not get lost and can be taken as hours off
- Home-office possibility
- Possibility to work from abroad max 25% of your working time
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Choice between Innsbruck and Vienna office
- An unlimited employment contract
- Possibility for future horizontal career moves and opportunities
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed application in English at https://careers-sos-kd.icims.com
The position remains open until filled.