Events and Communications Associate
InnovateEDU is currently seeking a full-time Events and Communications Associate to support the marketing and event planning operations for our various projects. The Events and Communications associate will support the coordination of conferences, convenings, and webinars in collaboration with the various project leads at InnovateEDU. Additionally, the Events and Communications associate will grow current marketing and communications strategies across channels such as newsletters and social media and develop new strategies for external and internal communications. This position will also be responsible for writing and editing copy for reports, resources, website text, and more across the organization.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work remotely. Since March 2020, the majority of InnovateEDU staff has worked virtually, and team members are expected to be available during typical office hours in Eastern Standard Time, with some flexibility available. The position may require 20% travel to support sites nationwide.
InnovateEDU is a non-profit whose mission is to eliminate the opportunity gap by accelerating innovation in standards-aligned, next generation learning models and tools that serve, inform, and enhance teaching and learning. InnovateEDU is committed to massively disrupting K-12 public education by focusing on the development of scalable tools and practices that leverage innovation, technology, and new human capital systems to improve education for all students.
- Coordinate logistics for in-person convenings and conferences, including supporting the creation of the event run-of-show, reserving space, catering, and furniture, purchasing travel and promotional materials, and more.
- Coordinate logistics for online webinars and programs, including setting up Zoom Webinar rooms, scheduling and leading webinar planning meetings, and communicating with speakers and audience members.
- Collaborate with project leads and external organizations to develop and submit speaking proposals to nationwide conferences.
- Professionally represent the organization at in-person and virtual events, including speaking in front of audiences, introducing speakers, moderating discussions, and more.
- Compose and edit copy for external and internal communications, including press releases, publications, webpages, newsletters, social media posts, and other materials.
- Tailor language and speech to effectively reach target audiences with information about project offerings and overall organizational mission.
- Contribute to the development of both internal and external marketing and communications strategy in collaboration with the Marketing team and project leads.
- Support the cultivation of professional, distinct, and consistent brand identity for each individual project and the organization as a whole.
- Strategize the planning and implementation of events, communications, and other multichannel marketing materials to maximize productivity and increase audience engagement.
- Utilize MarTech tools like Salesforce and Pardot to automate communications processes and increase efficiency and effectiveness of our external communications.
Who You Are
You are a mission-driven individual and believe in working to close the educational opportunity gap. You are an optimistic problem-solver and believe that together we can create real solutions that help the entire sector move forward. You are keen to understand different moving pieces of a complex project and willing to use your skills to organize the work for seamless implementation. You are excited to join a growing team working on early-stage products and processes that have long-term impacts on the sector. You like a fast pace, managing many workstreams, and are highly responsive.
You are open to feedback, bring your best every day, and are ready to grow in all areas of your work. You want to join a team of folks who share your vision for mission-driven work at the intersection of education, policy, and civil rights. Finally, you know that sharing often is key to this work and are ready to document everything that you do so that schools everywhere, and the sector as a whole, can benefit.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English, etc.)
- Experience coordinating logistics and strategy for events and event promotions.
- Exceptional public speaking skills with experience leading events both virtually and in person.
- Writing proficiency with experience composing and editing copy for professional external audiences.
- Experience utilizing Salesforce to manage stakeholder engagements and maximize external audience communications (Additional Pardot experience preferred).
- A strong understanding of best practices for social media and newsletter communications and strategy, and a proven track record of implementing them.
- A strong understanding of public relations strategy, including the ability to write copy for press releases and other communications materials both online and in print.
- Experience building audiences and online followings for brands.
- Creative and critical thinking skills with attention to detail and the ability to work quickly with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with staff and external stakeholders while accommodating multiple project demands and organizational priorities.
- Ensure compliance with InnovateEDU’s engagement, data sharing, and marketing policies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaborative and productive relationships among staff and external organizations and funders.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion principles, and values including the commitment to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Experience with Salesforce, Pardot, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite and other social media platforms.
- Experience or interest in K-12 education preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
CompensationConsistent with our diversity, equity, and inclusion statement we strive to address systemic gaps in pay often present in our larger society as a result of gender, racial and ethnic identity, or sexual orientation. All candidates are pay scaled by an independent third-party service through an application which calculates the market rate for the applicant based on skills and qualifications, job duties, market conditions within the location of applicant, education and experience while leaving identifying identity markers blind. This position’s compensation range begins at $55,000.