The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem’s Life Cycle Service (LCS) business is a $1,300M revenue global business that is across three regions (Americas, Europe and Emerging Market) and three segments (WI, AWS and MCS). Xylem Europe’s LCS revenues are $300M, which represents 21% of Xylem Europe’s total revenues. The EU LCS Finance Business Partner is accountable for partnering with the Vice President for EU LCS and senior regional and sub-regional business leaders to drive business performance, process efficiency and ensure the business maximizes shareholder value.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to the VP for EU LCS and EU LCS Leadership Team for strategic decision-making purposes. Highlight and analyze unexpected variances; proactively identify and mitigate risks; find and execute opportunities to achieve or exceed business commitments; identify areas of success & opportunity within the EU LCS strategy that may require further management attention.
- Work closely with LCS Global Finance Director to ensure alignment between EU and Global strategy, projects, initiatives.
- Supporting EU decisions for innovation/new growth opportunities, market segmentation, and investments with FP&A methods, tools and models useful for such strategic analysis
- Preparation of Monthly and Quarterly internal EU reviews and support LCS Finance Director on presentations for Corporate (MBR/ QBR). Be organized in order to meet due dates and support the VP EU LCS on MBR/QBR preparation. Anticipate likely questions and key messages and ensure these are addressed in the presentation or pre-meeting preparation.
- Prepare presentations for all levels of EU LCS management and employees and drive effective communication and visual management. Drive financial accountability and performance awareness in EU region.
- Critically analyze the Commercial teams’ performance at Europe level and Operation’s performance and synthesize key themes and develop gap closure actions as required to achieve business commitment (i.e., Orders funnels, revenue growth, operating margin expansion, etc.). Provide insightful analysis and guidance to the VP EU LCS to support and prioritize improvement plans (i.e., Xylem consolidated margin analysis, segment profitability, Backlog and Book &Bill analysis)
- Lead, oversee and manage EU portion of Long Range Plan, Operating Plan, Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Flash, GDP, PAR, NPD, KPIs and Ad-Hoc reporting in coordination across all finance teams. Ensure alignment with Global LCS organization. Collaborate to develop & test ideas that lead to simpler, faster processes with more accurate outcomes.
- Manage consolidation of OneStream management entities for LCS in Europe. Work proactively with entity owners to meet corporate reporting deadlines with high-quality. Ensure timely analytics package submission with high quality of analysis.
- Support accounting with analysis needed to achieve corporate goals for month-end closing. Work with management team to assess appropriateness of reserves & accruals.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Change management experience
- Communicate effectively
- Fluent in English
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, OneStream, PBI skills
- International experience
- Experience in US GAAP