The Environmental & Quality Analyst will report to the Health, Safety & Environmental & Quality Manager and collaborate closely with the Environmental & Quality Engineer for Li-Cycle’s North American Hub. The E&Q Analyst will assist in providing environmental & quality support to Li-Cycle management, employees, consultants, and suppliers consistent with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and company policies. The E&Q Analyst will be responsible for performing reporting and documentation tasks as well as frequent on-site scientific monitoring work in a chemical processing plant environment. This role is intended to provide qualified individuals with an opportunity to learn and work in an environmental role within a hydrometallurgical facility.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, positive attitude, and a ability to collaborate with others.
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic, and professional matter always
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of teamwork
- Proactive self-starter and ability to work independently
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills with an ability to communicate clearly, concisely, confidently, and professionally within all levels of the company
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform a wide range of environmental management/engineering and monitoring tasks under the coordination of the E&Q Engineer to achieve compliance with Company standards and with federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Assist in obtaining permits related to the site for operations, projects, and track their status throughout the life cycle of the facility.
- Assist in the field-level direction/coordination of environmental consultants and contractors for the North American Hub Facility.
- Assist in data collection related to environmental compliance including maintaining records and sampling tasks onsite as required.
- Structure data logically into reports, memos, emails, and present this information routinely to team members and management.
- Build trust and relationships with operational leadership and other HSE practitioners throughout the organization.
- Coordinate with operations as necessary to perform inspections, audits, and environmental monitoring equipment maintenance as needed.
- Perform routine tracking of work orders related to environmental instrumentation and equipment.
- Investigate and document environmental incidents thoroughly and perform corrective action audits related to environmental non-compliance.
- Be available for the response to large environmental non-compliance operations and outages, possibly after-hours or weekends.
- Should have knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental compliance topics such as SPDES, bulk storage, stormwater management, air emissions, and solid waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or Engineering, related field, and industry experience in an environmental role (1-3 years)
- Working knowledge of EPA and NYS DEC regulations with chemical process experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record is necessary for this role.
- Experience with basic lab equipment and sampling procedures
- knowledge of:
- Air Permits & Air Modeling
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure Plans
- Stormwater Pollution Elimination & Discharge Permits
- Hazardous & Solid Waste
- Petroleum Bulk Storage Permits
- Chemical Bulk Storage Permits
- Computer proficiency with Office 365, experience with Oracle a plus
- Experienced in advanced MS Excel applications and process modeling concepts
- Preference for experience with the following:
- Experience in chemical processing or metallurgical plants
- Experience creating and reviewing technical programs and documents
- Some travel may be required (including cross-border travel with Canada)
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing
- Use of PPE will be required
- Occasional sampling work could happen in an outside environmental setting
- May require alternate work schedule to support operations (weekends or nights with advance notice)
Benefits of Working for Li-Cycle:
- High impact work: as a core member of the team, you have the opportunity to take a primary lead role and make a significant impact
- Global environmental impact: we are a clean technology company with a mission to reduce CO2 emissions globally to ensure a sustainable future for the environment
- Passionate team: we are pushing boundaries and are passionate about everything we do
Li-Cycle is on a mission to leverage its innovative solution to address an emerging and urgent global challenge. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, industrial energy storage, and consumer electronic applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better recycle these batteries, while also meeting the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade materials.
Li-Cycle’s Spoke & Hub Technologies – a low cost, safe, and environmentally friendly process – can recycle all types of lithium-ion batteries, with an unparalleled recovery rate of ≥95% of all materials. Li-Cycle’s industry-leading innovations make it uniquely positioned to support a key element of the growing international movement towards zero carbon technologies. For more information, please visit: https://www.li-cycle.com/
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.