London IAG Services, Employment Coach, (Prison delivery, HMP Pentonville)
The Forward Trust is a fast growing Matrix Standard accredited, ERSA Employability Awards 2020 Highly Commended vocational training, skills and employability provider. We also deliver Information, Advice and Guidance (Careers Advice) services in prisons. We are looking for a talented Employment Coach for our London prisons IAG services.
What you will be doing?
You will be coaching and preparing learners, clients and job seekers for the world of work and a range of job, agency and apprenticeship roles. The main duties will include:
- Accurately identify the needs of the learners/job seekers, to understand their challenges, career ambitions, strengths & development areas, future job roles and/or training opportunities.
- Deliver high quality end-to-end information, advice and guidance to customers / learners on our employability programmes.
- Complete goal focused action plans / ILRs/PLPs for all referred learners/clients and provide support and motivation for clients to implement their action plans.
- Coach the learners on a one to one and group basis based on the Forward Trust ES Methodology and Theory of Change
- Engage and maintain regular contact and in work support with learners/job seekers at agreed intervals to ensure they sustain their work experience, job or apprenticeship (as indicated by the contracts)
- Ensure learners demonstrate and sustain progression into apprenticeships and employment.
What we are looking for?
Experience of providing high quality CV, job search, interview support to learners/job seekers (ex-offenders, at risk offending, NEET, unemployed)
Experience of providing high quality coaching support that ensures learners access employment and apprenticeships
Ability to build a learner’s/job seeker’s self-confidence, self-esteem, motivation to help them achieve in the world of work and lasting employment/career development
Identifying skills and qualities in a learner to match appropriately with vacancies
Progressing learners and job seekers into apprenticeships and employment and sustaining them in these
Willingness to undertake a level 4 Employability Practitioner Apprenticeship as part of learning and development.
What we offer
- Training opportunities and career development
- Flexible working
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Experience in providing careers advice/IAG services on a one to one and group work setting
- Experience of working in prisons and working with HMPS and other external providers e.g. JCP
- Experience of working to targets and quality standards in the skills, education or employability sector
- Motivating, inspiring and enthusing clients/learners to progress in life
- The ability to multitask and manage a diverse case load of clients or learners
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good working knowledge of the Matrix Standard, Ofsted EIF
- A tenacious approach and an understanding of how employers recruit and select based on talent
- Good administration, IT and organisational skills with good experience of using MS office software and management information systems e.g. NOMIS