One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
The ideal start date for this position is immediate.
A versatile position at a nonprofit that wants to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Together we can restore forests, create habitat for biodiversity, and make a positive social impact around the world.
- Reports to our Senior Marketing Projects Manager
Email Marketing (70%)
- Work closely with the marketing and communications team to identify the target email audience and grow our email list, using particularly placed sign-up forms and gated content throughout the larger website and affiliate pages.
- Design and implement direct email marketing campaigns. This includes (but is not limited to) developing copy and subject lines, designing email templates, building email lists, and more.
- Manage and report on email marketing campaigns and results; use results to determine ROI, make suggestions for improvements, and establish best practices.
- Continually test form submissions, subject lines, email content, and flows through regular a/b testing.
- Ensure prompt, accurate, and error-free communication with donors to build loyal relationships and minimize unsubscribes and spam rates.
- Work with leadership to determine goals; report on donation revenue generated from email marketing efforts.
- Maintain email database and continually clean out lists and segments to ensure optimal list hygiene.
- Upgrade email sends through sourced graphics, customization, calls-to-action, and additional advanced features.
- Ensure emails follow industry standards and privacy policies (GDPR).
SMS Marketing (30%)
- Conceptualize an SMS Strategy that will attract our existing and new donors.
- Craft compelling, relevant, and timely SMS content to effectively engage SMS subscribers.
- Oversee, manage, and optimize SMS campaigns.
- Deliver reports with analysis of the performance of campaigns and flows along with strategic recommendations for continual improvement.
- Create standard operating procedures for SMS marketing in accordance with email practices.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications or relevant business experience
- Related Experience: 2 years of relevant experience in a related role and being a self-starter. Experience in ESP management, preferably Klaviyo.
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology.
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools.
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Eye for graphic design and pairing of visual elements
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS (asset)
IDEAL LOCATION: Montreal or Western Massachusetts, open to remote locations.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
COMPENSATION: typical starting range is $45,000 - $50,000 (CAD/ USD based on location as well as skills and experience. Annual performance increase may be available but not guaranteed.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive PTO Plan
- Health and Wellness plans for U.S. Staff
- Yearly bonus
- Retirement plans with competitive employer contribution
- Travel opportunities, international and domestic
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
- Your resume.
One Tree Planted is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.