What are we looking for?
The Electrical Engineering/Computer Co-op will be a member of the Welland Engineering team working closely to support our Production/Maintenance Operating Systems and digital manufacturing initiatives.
Co-op Duration: May 2023 - September 1, 2023.
- Assisting with the diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electrical components, assemblies, and systems.
- Install or maintain electrical control systems, industrial automation systems, and electrical equipment, including control circuits.
- Compile and maintain records documenting engineering schematics, installed equipment, installation or operational problems, resources used, repairs, or corrective action performed.
- Assisting with the development of our MRO spare parts strategy
- Acquiring and using both practical and technical knowledge of the digital manufacturing processes related machine integration and controls.
- Assist with troubleshooting and solving problems related to equipment downtime.
- Assisting in investigations through data compilation and statistical analysis to determine root cause for both special and common cause events.
- Contributing to process improvement projects, such as Lean and Six Sigma initiatives
- Preparation of data to input to CMMS Software
- Involvement in change management activities
- Use of CMMS software to align complex maintenance tasks with operation requirements.
- Supports Technical Operations department with process executions.
- Acquiring and using technical knowledge to support growth in the overall SQDCM manufacturing processes.
- In process of completing degree in a related discipline, such as Electrical Engineering/Electrical technologist or Computer Science
- Experience working within a manufacturing or automotive setting would be considered an asset.
- Possesses strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Desire to learn about the technical process of Maintenance for Manufacturing (MFM)
- Professional demeanor/customer service oriented
- Ability to multi-task and deliver key objectives within established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and within cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft software, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Oracle and/or other ERP systems preferred.