In this role, you will:
Act as a Health & Safety Specialist at the Welland INNIO plant to work in collaboration with our Senior Environmental Health & Safety Manager to assist in further developing procedures/training, manage EHS regulatory compliance and continue to foster a World Class EHS culture through site EHS programs. This position will manage by influence and report to the Senior Environmental Health & Safety Manager.
At INNIO, we offer you
- An innovative and international working environment
- Flexible working model
- Full healthcare, dental, and vision benefits package
- Tuition Reimbursement
- An upbeat atmosphere with enjoyable and respectful colleagues
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure compliance of the Waukesha Environmental Health and Safety Management System with all provincial Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Inspect workplace activities, identify hazards and work with employees and management to determine timely corrective actions
- Active participation and implementation of EHS programs and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance
- Manage relationships with contractors, suppliers, and all operational teams to communicate the safety performance on site
- Work closely with the Senior Environmental Health and Safety Manager to drive continuous improvements to the EHS Program.
- Maintain project leadership identifying key stakeholders and potential complications to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Manage workers compensation claims and coordinate Return to Work plans with Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Health and Safety Management
- Minimum 5 years experience working in EHS program in a manufacturing setting
- Related professional certification: Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Certified health and Safety Consultant (CHSC) or equivalent
- Knowledge of Ontario environmental regulations
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of the time
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong presentation development and broader communication skills that turn concepts into effective structured messages for non-technical internal and external decision makers.
- Project management skills to identify key contributors and maintain schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills, computer skills including EHS database and presentation/training skills
- Experience working with and leading in a highly engaged workforce
- Flexibility to evolve with various challenges and directions as new assignments and initiatives unfold.
- Proven capability to come up the learning curve quickly for new areas of business and changes in the market.