The Draughtsman is responsible for leading investigations of chronic or recurring problems, leading in the research, design, implementation and improvement of the final solution and track. Prepare and make mechanical, civil or structural and electrical drawings using computer aided design (CAD) technologies. Prepare bills of quantities and job estimates. Ensures proper interpretation of drawings in safe condition and make modification on existing designs to suit safety & reliability of equipment. Carry out UCC role whenever the need arises. Oversees the development of modifications that are results of maintenance improvement actions. Supports the Inspection and Planning process.
- Respect the safety and environmental policies, rules, regulations and standard work instructions of the company. Participate in both plant and department safety initiatives.
- Leads investigation of chronic or recurring problems, leading in the research, design and implementation and improvement of the final solution and track
- Prepares and make mechanical, electrical as well as civil/structural drawings, make modifications to the existing drawings based on proposed improvements.
- Make modifications on existing designs to suit safety, equipment reliability and cost effectiveness
- Carries out and/or oversees the development of modifications that are the result of maintenance improvement actions
- Perform the role of UCC for contracted tasks, ensure completion on schedule and in line with job scope.
- Prepare Bills of quantities
- Supervise and monitor construction jobs on site to ensure proper interpretation of drawings
- Ensures that all manufacturers’ drawings are kept in good, safe conditions and easily accessible as well as proper management of plant documentation – soft and hard copies.
- Confirmation of items/spares delivered as per order specifications.
- Manage AutoCAD, AutoDesk Inventor, ArchiCAD and other CAD software/programs.
- Support the Inspectors and/or Planners whenever the need arises.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time
- HND/B.Sc/B.Tech/B.Eng in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, including rotating machines.
- Equipment maintenance, condition monitoring experience in a refinery, power or heavy process plant
Knowledge & Skills
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer Skills especially AutoCad, Solidwork, Excel, word, powerpoint and email applications
- Ability to make accurate measurement using basic tools
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good knowledge of engineering standards and specifications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Tact and tolerant
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Resilient and Motivated
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long range goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple project plans successfully and simultaneously.
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams
- Able to coach and direct a diverse team
Professional proficiency in English Language