Internal/External Posting Notice
Title: Donor Relations Administrator (DRA)
Department: Fund Development
Status: Full-time, unionized
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Immediate Supervisor: Manager, Fundraising Operations and Donor Services
Salary: $51,636 - $67,950
Level: Band 1
Application Deadline: May 10, 2023
Oxfam Canada is an affiliate of the international Oxfam Confederation networked in over 90 countries as part of a global movement for change. Our mission is to build lasting solutions to poverty and injustice with a focus on improving the lives and promoting the rights of women and girls. We work directly with communities, partners and women's rights organizations to challenge the systems that perpetuate inequality and keep people poor. Together we seek to influence those in power to ensure that women trapped in poverty have a say in the critical decisions that affect them, their families and entire communities. That’s why we believe that ending global poverty begins with women’s rights.
Oxfam Canada offers a generous compensation and benefits program. Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes robust health, dental and wellness benefits, flexible working conditions and generous vacation and other leave provisions. We also offer the opportunity to be a part of our global movement for change! If you are passionate about tackling poverty, inequality and injustice around the world, believe in advocating for women’s rights and ending patriarchy, and share our values of Empowerment, Solidarity, Inclusiveness, Accountability, and Courage – we want you on our team!
S****COPE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager, Manager, Fundraising Operations and Donor Services, the Donor Relations Administrator (DRA) is responsible for providing excellent donor support and gift processing services to thousands of Oxfam supporters across the country. The DRA works directly with members of the Fund Development Department to support assigned gift processing, profile updating, and stewardship, with a specific focus on retention of our Shareplan monthly donor program. There are two members in the Donor Relations team.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES**:** (This is not an exhaustive list of duties to be performed)
Gift Processing & Acknowledgement:
- Ensure timely processing of all gifts received from various channels
- Balance and verify gift entry, prepare, print and securely file donation processing reports
- Prepare and print donor acknowledgement letters
- Ensure official income tax receipts for donations are issued in accordance to Canada Revenue Agency and Oxfam Canada tax receipting guidelines
- Ensure tax receipts and acknowledgment letters are mailed on a timely basis
- Prepare and complete bank deposit and print reports to verify deposit amounts
- Complete gift adjustments process as required
- Where relevant, responsible for handling safe and timely data file transfers and uploads between agency databases and CRM
- Provide excellent, courteous and timely customer service – in-person, over the phone, or through electronic communication – to all donors and potential donors.
- Personally handle or redirect public or donor queries to the appropriate staff.
- Respond to and track donor comments, complaints and cases, or refers complaints to the Manager
- Monitor all incoming communication channels i.e.: general email box and voice message system; responds to donors in a timely manner (target 48 hours)
- Record and track interactions with donors using Oxfam Canada’s CRM system.
- General stewardship support for the department as requested
- Other related duties as assigned
Donor Records Management:
- Update, edit and maintain all donor/member information in accordance with Oxfam Canada policies, processes and procedures; ensuring donor confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that donors’ wishes and preferences are accurately captured and updated in the database.
- Ensure the donor’s participation in appeals and campaigns are accurately captured in the database
- Follow up on all moved or returned mail (both hard copy and electronic) by searching online resources for address updates and/or directly contacting the donors for an update.
- Update, maintain, and perform audits to all donor databases to ensure clean and accurate data
SharePlan Program Administration and Stewardship:
- Set-up monthly pre-authorized debit (PAD) and pre-authorized credit card transactions as per schedule.
- Enter and monitor new SharePlan signups; adjust gifts, send Welcome Packages
- Monitor and report on SharePlan holds and cancellations, makes every effort to “save” the donor
- Cancel pre-authorized agreements and sends “sorry to see you go” material for donor cancellations.
- Monitor and report on SharePlan expired and declined credit card transactions; make donor phone calls to keep payment information up to date
- Update Shareplan donor profiles with reactivation flags whenever possible
- Ensure online and offline confirmations are sent to donors who sign up or cancel their participation in the program
- Reconcile and balance submission files after transmission to ensure all transactions are accounted for
- Assist with tracking “Save our Shareplan” KPIs – cases outstanding, cases resolved, on holds, cancellation rate, cancellation reasons, complaints, etc. as part of Shareplan retention goals.
- Supports annual SharePlan tax receipt process
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES**:**
- Relevant combination of education and direct related experience working in fund development in a not-for-profit organization.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service and data entry skills with high level of detail, efficiency, accuracy and speed.
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to global justice, social change, women’s rights and gender equality.
- Proven and superb customer service skills.
- Experience using fundraising software, preferably Salesforce; understanding of data entry and report generation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in French a definite asset.
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate complex issues in an easily understood manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines; attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and work independently and as a member of a small team.
- High proficiency using MS Office software (Word and Excel a must) and CRM databases; experience using fundraising databases, specifically Salesforce CRM is a definite asset.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple projects with high efficiency and accuracy.
- Willingness to sign and abide the Oxfam Code of Conduct.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- 35-hour workweek and the ability to work flexible hours
- A hybrid workplace where staff can work from home and the Ottawa office
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year, plus paid office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Extensive health, dental and wellness coverage for you and your dependents
- Paid sick days, and additional time off for personal and care responsibilities
- Pension plan contributions
- Caring, compassionate and supportive work environment that recognizes that work is one of the many responsibilities we have to prioritize in our lives
- Regular opportunities for all staff across Canada to meet – in person and virtually – to learn, connect and grow as a team!
** MUST be eligible to work in Canada **
If you don’t see yourself reflected in every job requirement listed in the posting above, we still encourage you to apply.
Oxfam Canada is committed to diversity and equity around the globe and in our workplace. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Applicants are encouraged to share accessibility needs in the application process, and every attempt will be made to accommodate them.
Important Note: All offers of employment are conditional upon signing our strict code of conduct, subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for Oxfam Canada.
For additional career opportunities within Oxfam Canada, please visit oxfam.ca/employment-oppportunities. Please note that we are not able to offer internships or overseas volunteer placements.
We welcome you to join our movement – sign up for news and updates today.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.