Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Responsible for ensuring that the resources, processes and technology are in place to process Heifer’s mail response donations in the most accurate and efficient manner possible. Works in direct collaboration with multiple teams across the organization to ensure that organizational efforts are successfully supported while maintaining a high level of service for our donors.
Character Traits: Service-minded, a leader, detail-oriented, collaborative, reliability, organized, team player, agile, fast-paced environment, responsiveness, adaptability, skill variety, accountability, perseverance, and goal oriented.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES:
A. Manage the Donations Processing Team and Processes (70%)
- Ensure that all Donations Processing personnel are provided with the tools and support needed to perform their duties. Inspire, encourage, and reward innovation and creativity where it positively impacts the mission.
- Set clear and measurable expectations and performance goals within the department and on an individual level.
- Monitor all internal Donations Processing work workflows daily including mailroom, data entry, corporate match emails, and pieces escalated from the vendor to ensure the coverage required to meet our desired service levels. Working pieces personally when needed to help with any backlogs and stay in touch with processes.
- Monitor the Donations Processing chat troubleshooting, answering questions, and escalating items to other teams as needed.
- Oversee management of internal Donations Processing Knowledge Base and the training materials therein; ensuring that all material remains up to date and creating new pieces when needed.
- Identify and observe training needs within the department. Create, develop, and implement training tools, programs, and practices to fulfill those needs.
- Conduct weekly check-ins with all Donations Processing personnel leading up to the annual review process. Ensuring objectives are being met and that representatives have what is needed to do so.
- Maintain and modify Donations Processing Center as needs/volumes change, implementing new technology and shifting processes where needed in response to the needs of the organization and our donors.
- Review and manage daily service levels, including average processing time, representative activity, and vendor performance. Assist with reporting needs where needed.
- In addition to the management of permanent staff, will hire, onboard, train, and manage 10+ seasonal team members.
- Conduct weekly team meeting with Donations Processing staff to provide training, coaching, counseling, and share information from across the organization. Empowering team members to work together to develop skills that improve confidence, performance, and growth.
- Monitor transactions keyed by Headquarters staff to improve quality, minimize errors, and improve the donor experience.
B. Manage the Relationship with External Donations Processing Vendor(s) (20%)
- Manage vendor relationship with external processing vendor including training, quality control, implementation of procedures, and onsite visits.
- Monitor transactions keyed by external processing vendor to improve quality, minimize errors, and improve the donor experience.
C. Work with Internal Departments and Donors (10%)
- Work closely with internal departments across the organization to understand their business needs and provide proper implementation and support for their campaigns and initiatives.
- Personally interact with donors via phone, email, and mail in response to escalations when needed.
- Act as a voice for our donors, escalating their feedback, insights, and comments to other teams where it would be helpful to improve donor retention and shed light on the donor experience.
D. May perform other job duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree plus seven (7) years of related experience plus two (2) years of personnel management experience.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Extensive experience in building teams.
- Innovative process and workflow development skills.
- Strong experience with employee training and development.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements including technology and performance.
- Proven project management, change management, and analytical problem-solving.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project for Windows, etc.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to individuals respectfully and empathetically.
- A leadership style that is open, flexible, and inclusive. Building bridges while working with diversity of thought, experience, and position.
- Creating documents, reports, and presentations in a well-designed, thoughtful, and professional format.
- Must exhibit a service minded management style with the ability to support, engage, and motivate employees.
- Assigning and reviewing the work of direct reports, including reporting supervisors/team leads.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
- Working with sensitive information and always maintaining confidentiality.
- May require constant sitting and moving, working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Limited travel is required.
The expected base salary range for this position is $75k to $89k USD annually. Placement within the range will be based on the competency level of the candidate:
Minimum: Entry level, meets minimum qualifications. Needs guidance and training to perform key responsibilities of the job
Midpoint: Experienced and fully competent. Can independently perform all responsibilities of the job
Maximum: Highly experienced and can perform at a higher level than expected
**Disclaimer: Salary ranges are based on country location and local country salary scales.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S.-based employees working 30 or more hours per week.
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match + 3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection
- And more!