Non-US Job Description
Job Title: Director of Program OperationsPosition Number: 222098 New or Refill: Refill
Core position: Yes NoSalary Grade: 6
Dept. #/Subproject WO: NP0/NP0000HINP20
Reports to: Country Director
Supervisor POSNO: 222051
Supervisor RESNO/Name: 124018/Shubh Mahato
Supervision: Employees Yes No | Volunteers Yes No
Location: Kathmandu Nepal
Relocation Funds: Non-Negotiable
Travel Required: Minimum 30% Annually
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of specially-abled**.**
The Director of Program Operation will provide overall leadership and management of core function for all signature programs and lead the design, planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the country program’s portfolio ensuring the quality of projects, implementation, donor reporting, and management is of the highest standards. Play active role in resource mobilization for growing Heifer Nepal’s program to reflect a balanced and innovative project portfolio. The Director of Program Operation will serve as the project spokesperson both externally and within the organization.
RESPONSIBILIIES AND DELIVERABLES**: (****including approximate percentage effort)
**Program Management and Oversight (35 %)
Provide strategic program leadership and excellent management of the approved projects, schedules, and budgets.
- Develop/update program manuals, guidelines, procedures as required and ensure its compliance to Heifer, donor and in country statuary requirements
- Support all project teams to develop annual budgets and work plans consistent with project documents and donor contracts
- Maintain excellent oversight of all project components and meet expectations for project successes.
- Provide oversight and ensure all the projects are in line with the signature programs goals
- Ensure all projects are on time and within project budget and scope.
- Review and effectively manage project risks at all phases of project implementation in a timely manner, to ensure fulfillment of project objectives.
- Effectively maintain strong communication with all the relevant stakeholders throughout project implementation
- Coordinate between the project, Country Program and HQ to ensure effective, efficient flow of information.
- Ensure accountability and compliance with donor requirements.
Quality assurance and System Strengthening (30%)
- Provide leadership to strengthen program data management system and ensure comprehensive and quality data is available for project management, donor reporting and new project development.
- Lead Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Systems (MELS) to promote a results-based project management and reporting approach that delivers high-impact, cost efficient programs and projects.
- Ensure that project managers and project coordinators execute approved workplans activities and operations in response to technical direction and recommend adjustments as appropriate, to achieve project objectives.
- Support teams in undertaking the necessary reviews and updating of the work plans and budgets to respond to emerging field implementation challenges and ensure quality output.
- Support Program Managers and the Country Program to plan and undertake corrective management actions arising out of monitoring data/reports.
- Ensure all donor reports and project progress reports are compliant with the highest quality standards, timelines, and formats.
- Ensure timely reporting and evaluation in line with Heifer’s MELS requirements and in country statutory requirements.
- Lead in provision of critical services to the project in the areas of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation and other thematic areas (social capital, women empowerment, climate smart agriculture, market development etc.)
New Business Development (30%)
- Actively engage in Resource Mobilization (RM) team to grow and develop partnerships, funding, and collaboration opportunities to achieve RM targets and expand country program portfolio.
- Ensure Heifer Nepal is positioned and actively represented internally and externally by interfacing, collaborating, and coordinating with other teams, funding entities, alliances, and counterparts
- Explore funding opportunities and contribute to the bid development process.
- Provide oversight to program data management, impact documentation and knowledge material production and dissemination to enhance Heifer’s visibility among donors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of all aspects of the program to serve as a spokesperson both internally and externally among donors and stakeholders.
May perform other job-related duties as assigned. (5%)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in project planning and management, community development, sociology or a related field is required, plus 10 years of relevant experience including five (5) years in a senior management position in international organization.
Master’s Degree or equivalent in project planning and management, community development, sociology or a related field is required, plus 7 years of relevant experience including five (5) years in a senior management position in international organization.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Knowledge of strategic planning, program and project development and implementation processes (including planning, monitoring and evaluation).
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Willingness and ability to assign and review the work of line managed staff and to use participatory management skills with junior and senior staff.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
- Regularly conduct stakeholder analysis to strengthen partnerships and leveraging of resources
- Knowledge of grant acquisition and management.
- Basic knowledge of finance controls and systems.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database and electronic mail software (Microsoft preferred).
- Strong English language skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in basic statistics sufficient to analyze data.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Willingness to work flexibly outside normal working hours.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues, potential donors, and the general public.
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision.
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity
How to apply:
A Cover letter mentioning expected salary along with application form (download from www.heifernepal.org), latest curriculum-vitae, a recent passport size photograph, a copy of Nepali citizenship certificate should be submitted at the following address by 15 September 2022. For details of Job Description please visit our website http://www.heifernepal.org. Please Indicate the position that you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Heifer International Nepal
**P.O. Box: 6043, Kathmandu