Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Direct Marketing Email Campaign and Reporting Manager is responsible for managing the email program’s campaigns and tracking the performance results for the Direct Marketing team. This team member has a fundamental role within the marketing department to ensure the larger marketing goals are being supported through the email program’s campaigns from conception to a deployable product. This position will oversee the scheduling and production of all email content working with partner agencies and internal stakeholders to develop and deploy fundraising promotions and stewardship campaigns. The understanding of email KPIs and ability to translate campaign data into meaningful and actionable reports is essential to enhancing the email program’s campaign strategies and improving KPIs overall.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
The ideal candidate is detail oriented, highly organized, has a strong understanding of email marketing strategies and industry standards, ability to use analytical and creative thinking skills, a good communicator, a creative problem-solver, capable of self managing while remaining a team player with the ability to work with a diverse group of people across various departments within the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Project Management (50%)
- Project managing the process toward execution of email communications from beginning to end; from calendaring, receiving drafts, approvals, assets coordination, source code requests, landing page coordination, link confirmations, audience creation, testing, reporting and optimization.
- Maintains email calendar, assuring accuracy and completeness.
- Requests appropriate source codes for email tracking.
- Tracks progress of assets for corresponding email campaigns, marking when they have been completed or received.
- Routes email copy and art to appropriate stakeholders. Reviews the proof with manager prior to returning edits to partner agency.
- Quality checks email test sends copy, hyperlinks, UTM and sources codes, and creative to identify any errors prior to deployment.
- Monitors day-to-day progress of campaign production in Adobe Workfront to make sure that deadlines are met. Troubleshoot /solve issues that may arise.
- Ensures email content is complete & relevant to donor first experience.
- Consults with production, marketing, creative, agency partners and other stakeholders when appropriate to meet campaign deadlines or solve issues that have come up.
- Understands segmentation strategies and when appropriate, build new segmentation to optimize results within segments.
- Coordinates asset approval and delivery for email-only campaigns and integrated multi-channel campaigns.
- Documents and develop supporting processes as needed
B. Reporting & Analysis (30%)
- Utilizes the data from Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Heifer’s internal CRM (BBEC), and Google Analytics to build custom email campaign reports that provide deeper data analysis than existing email dashboard.
- Completes email marketing reporting and analytics by campaign, donor group, and other breakouts with documentation of any actionable recommendations resulting from campaigns or tests, to be reviewed with manager.
- Maintains reporting of all testing outcomes.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of campaigns, providing actionable insight for data-led optimization.
- Tracks changes in campaign performance year over year.
- Utilizes reporting to make recommendations and ongoing enhancement/optimization based on analysis of campaigns.
- Creates campaign summary reports for core campaigns, highlighting key achievements, improvements and areas of opportunity for the next campaign.
- Understands Heifer’s strategic goals, and donor groups for the purpose of recognizing the interplay of campaigns and donor performance and if KPIs are being met.
- Measures ongoing effectiveness of programs against target metrics.
- Analyzes data to gauge successful outcomes.
- Monitors unsubscribe/ bounce/ compliant rates & reporting anomalies with manager.
C. Data Management & ESP Maintenance (15%)
- Acts as backup for Email Marketing Manager in maintenance of ESP Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Will maintain a complete understanding of data structure, data management, and data interconnection in SFMC.
- Monitors that automations and FTP transfers are running successfully, if errors or failures occur - work with appropriate stakeholders to correct errors.
- Utilizes admin level SFMC access to maintain organization in the system, submit support tickets, and data hygiene.
- Makes updates to email segments & creates new segment queries as needed.
D. May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three (3) years OR 7 years of related job experience in email marketing or digital communications.
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience in project management for marketing campaigns.
- One (1) year experience in working with external vendors and partner agencies in a collaborative environment and with integration into internal teams.
- Must have experience in marketing campaign production working with various stakeholders, programs and platforms preferably in non-profit fundraising.
- Strong experience with email marketing analytics and developing meaningful and actionable reports to enhance campaign performance.
- Ability to enact change quickly based on analytics, research, results, and donor segment performance.
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Workfront, CRM, Google Analytics, Google Looker Studio, Stensul, Miro, Adobe Creative Cloud or similar systems.
- Knowledge of HTML, AMPscript or SQL.
- Commitment to organizational mission of ending hunger and poverty.
- Strong commitment to the donor.
- Non-Profit work experience with a focus in fundraising.
- Strong desire to achieve program and professional growth.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Understand email marketing best practices and industry standards.
- Project management specific to marketing production workflows.
- In-depth understanding of email campaign performance metrics.
- Proficient in managing and analyzing data utilizing data visulization to monitor end-to-end campaign performance to help increase fundraising opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and has the ability to tailor communication for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Adaptible and able to respond to rapidly changing priorities.
- Able to self manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously while remaining collaborative.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Constant face-to-face, video, and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- May require constant sitting and moving, working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to assign and review the work of direct reports, as well as motivate and engage team members.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically as needed.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and global setting.
Starting salary for this position is $80k - $85k USD annually. Placement within the range will be based on the competency level of the candidate:
• Minimum: Entry level, meets minimum qualifications. Needs guidance and training to perform key responsibilities of the job
• Midpoint: Experienced and fully competent. Can independently perform all responsibilities of the job
• Maximum: Highly experienced and can perform at a higher level than expected
**Disclaimer: Salary ranges are based on country location and local country salary scales.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S.-based employees working 30 or more hours per week.
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match + 3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection