American Bird Conservancy
Digital Marketing Director
Title: Digital Marketing Director
Supervisor: Director of Digital Communication
Location: Flexible; preference for Washington, DC
The mission of American Bird Conservancy (ABC) is to conserve birds and their habitats – the places birds need to thrive – across the Americas. We are a growing group of 125+ dedicated staff, located across the United States and with a network of partners from Canada to Chile. Each year, we grow in budget and staff, and we deliver more results aimed at preventing bird species extinctions and reversing declines that are reducing populations of nearly all bird groups. Our work is guided by our principles, which include a commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI).
We are looking for a creative, team-oriented, data-driven marketing Director to increase support and expand awareness for ABC. This position will be responsible for the creation, planning, and implementation of ABC’s digital marketing strategy with a strong focus on our online fundraising and email marketing; it will also play a role in deploying ABC branding and advertising. The Digital Marketing Director will develop, implement, and manage marketing campaigns and associated activities that drive donor leads, as well as increase membership and financial support.
- Collaborate with colleagues to craft new and creative communications products.
- Support email marketing efforts and automated email series using EveryAction CRM, helping to lead the implementation and documentation of efficient email production and quality assurance processes.
- Support the development of content creation and marketing strategies to promote ABC’s blog and website properties.
- Support ABC’s SMS program by composing and sending approved text messages; track and report SMS results on monthly basis.
- Lead the creation and review process from end to end for EveryAction donation forms, and support the creation of other types of forms; regularly update, maintain, and retire EveryAction forms.
- Run frequent data routines to analyze results and performance, track key benchmarks and populate dashboards, and help team create data-driven KPIs and develop new digital strategies.
- Assist in management of ABC’s YouTube channel: upload videos, add associated descriptions, metadata, and link cards; collect and report performance data on a monthly basis.
- Assist with regular list management and database maintenance duties, including formatting, deduplication and importation tasks.
- Support ABC’s growing webinar production by writing and formatting emails, responding to email requests, establishing and co-managing Zoom webinars, as well as tracking performance data.
- Support Care2, Facebook, Instagram, Google, and other digital advertising efforts, through copy-writing and designing individual ads, setting up audience targeting and budget, and helping to routinely monitor and manage advertising campaigns.
- Manage regular website updates, upload new content, and make other miscellaneous website changes.
- Partner with Communications colleagues and others at ABC to generate new story ideas.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of website pop-ups, in-line calls-to-action, and microsites, as needed.
- Occasionally support ABC’s organic social media outreach efforts on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook by creating posts and graphics
- Proven work experience (2+ years) as a digital marketing assistant or in other communications or marketing related positions.
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills.
- The ability to tell an engaging story by crafting engaging emails, social media posts, and website content.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines with multiple stakeholders.
- Previous experience with WordPress’s Gutenberg editor, Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Google AdWords, MS Excel (or other database tools), YouTube, SMS, Zoom, and EveryAction a plus.
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn).
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- Background screening required.
- Authorized to work in the US or Permanent Resident Card.
- Benefits include medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, and retirement savings.
- Paid vacation days, holidays (10+), and sick leave
At American Bird Conservancy, we believe that a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills makes us more effective. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment for all of our employees.
As an equal opportunity employer-; ABC is committed to ensuring that employees and applicants for employment have equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor unrelated to the requirements of the position.