The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Applications Engineer-Dewater
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Customer support: Conduct site surveys, problem solving, commissioning etc.
- Effective communication and reporting.
- Preparation and Management of projects and tenders.
- Design of pumping systems, pump stations and other water handling scenarios specific to Dewatering applications and the application of Xylem Dewatering portfolio.
- Support representative and distributors with dewatering applications.
- Facilitate product and system training to clients, consultants and internal staff.
- Foster client relationships
- Promotion of Xylem products
- Technical qualification i.e. B Sc, B Eng, B tech, Tech Diploma or other related tertiary qualification.
- Minimum 5 Years relevant experience in the mining/water/ wastewater industry in the applications of dewatering.
- Sound knowledge of fluid-based technologies.
- Direct pumping industry experience
- Driver’s license and own car.
- Ability to travel, local, national and international.
- Ability to function in Underground Mines, Contruction sites, Water & Wastewater Plants
- The applications and working of dewatering products & technologies.
Skills & Competencies
Technical capability or aptitude
Good Knowledge of maintenance management systems and repairs.
Experience into Africa (Advantageous)
Computer literate (MS Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Applications and working of various pumps technologies
Resolving complex pump related technical and application problems
Pumps system troubleshooting experience
Technical pump selections, pipe & pressure systems and pump station designs
Providing strategic product support and product application guidance to all Xylem Africa employees, including the African distributors.
Day to day product support ranging from technical to customer driven