Every day, we work together for what matters – bold, swift, and equitable climate action.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At 3Degrees, we help companies around the globe work toward a decarbonized future. We are looking for a senior .NET developer/architect to be an early member of a fast-growing technology team, within a thriving B Corp focused on supporting multinational corporations with innovative solutions to take urgent action on climate change. If this aligns with your passion and deep software development expertise, you’ll find an opportunity to collaborate with business unit leaders to develop, design, and administer scalable, mission-critical applications. You will be a key contributor in maintaining and improving our existing MS SQL Server databases while helping to develop the back-end business logic and design application front-ends. In this role, you will move beyond just coding; you will have the opportunity to creatively contribute to the overall application structure throughout the entire SDLC process and even shape system architecture.
This is a full-time position, preferably based in the Eastern region of the United States. A remote full-time location will be considered for highly experienced candidates. Our current work environment is hybrid, and we will continue to evaluate as Covid restrictions evolve.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Participate in collaborative work with other developers, various business units, the IT team, and other subject matter experts to create and maintain .NET/Core, C#, and MS T-SQL applications
- Develop front-end and back-end web and console applications with extensive database integration, and create, consume, and integrate web APIs into those applications
- Create, update, optimize or debug stored procedures, functions, views, reports, triggers, SQL Agent jobs, and SSIS packages as necessary with the goal of minimizing bottlenecks and improving overall information flow
- Create/review architecture and specification documents ensuring database security and constantly improving OLTP performance and integrity
- Analyze existing technology stack to identify system weaknesses, propose and implement effective solutions to meet the expanding needs of the company, and provide better tools for all applicable business units
- Help redesign mission-critical database applications (replacing legacy MS Access, Excel, and WinForm front-end tools)
- Familiar with SDLC processes and tools (VS, SSMS, GitHub, Jira), including requirements gathering, design, coding, testing, version control, implementation/release, and maintenance
- Understand business needs and propose innovative solutions for our existing challenges (we love creative people!)
- Recognize the urgency of requests and work with business owners to prioritize work as necessary
- Proactively report progress across all projects
- Train and/or mentor as needed
ABOUT YOUYou are highly proficient in both server-side and client-side development. You thrive in a multi-faceted role that covers all tools and aspects of the software development life cycle in an Agile environment. You possess strong SQL query skills, experience with MS SQL Server relational databases & tools in an Azure environment, and the ability to analyze schema, query data, and review SQL to learn how existing applications work. Additionally, you are an analytical problem solver with a knack for recognizing, understanding and incorporating modern, best-practice programming techniques, evaluating existing applications, and envisioning ways to enhance these applications to improve how the business operates. We believe that an individual with the following experience will have the best opportunity for success in this role:
- 8+ years ASP .NET Framework/Core experience developing interactive web-based applications, SPAs and web APIs, deployed in an Azure environment
- 8+ years C# development experience
- 8+ years experience developing T-SQL scripts on MS SQL Servers (2008-2019), with demonstrated skill in developing effective OLTP databases and optimized code
- 8+ years experience using ADO.NET, Entity Framework, and other MS database technologies
- 3+ years experience in SSIS or other ETL (i.e.,MuleSoft)
- 2+ years experience in SSRS
- Clearly and effectively document system changes upon implementation
- Experience in business process analysis, data analysis
HOW WE DEFINE SUCCESS
Within three months
- Familiar with 3Degrees' tech stack, tools, and development processes
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Contributing to one or more development projects
Within six months
- Familiar with 3Degrees business structure and corporate tech needs
- Contributing to multiple development projects
Within nine months
- Able to prioritize and manage time on projects for multiple departments
- Able to identify and suggest system and process improvements and contribute to 3Degrees tech direction
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation: The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $84,700-$126,000 in the US. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, role requirements, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.
- Benefits: this position is eligible for a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible paid time off and more. Additional information regarding the benefits available for this position can be found at: https://jobs.jobvite.com/3degrees/jobs/jointheteam
- Supplemental Pay: this position is eligible for discretionary bonus programs including the company’s profit sharing program and an annual performance bonus based on personal, department and company goals.
- This compensation and benefits information is based on 3Degrees’ good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND EQUITY
3Degrees is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where different perspectives contribute to better solutions. 3Degrees welcomes people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or gender expression, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by law.