The INNIO Advantage:
By combining a rich legacy in the power and gas compression space with pioneering technology, INNIO brings our customers affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions for today and tomorrow. We are helping to meet today’s energy needs with 64 GW of installed capacity and 48,000 of our powerful Jenbacher and Waukesha engines, which can be found in more than 100 countries. And, by harnessing our history of energy industry firsts along with the power of digital innovation, we will continue to deliver for the future.
The role of the Demand Planning Analyst is to establish a forecast and inventory strategy and flawlessly execute the material plan for Waukesha spare parts. Reporting to the SIOP Manager, this role will provide key inputs into the Waukesha Engines SIOP process and is responsible for the monthly forecast, inventory optimization, analytics, and reporting of spare parts. In addition, this person will lead a team of Materials Planners to execute the strategy, set priorities, and escalate issues to meet customer expectations. The Demand Planning Analyst should demonstrate a strong analytical and customer-focused mindset, a passion for process improvement, and leadership in a fast-paced environment.
Key Accountabilities/ Execution:**
- Owns materials optimization strategy and performance for INNIO Waukesha gas engines.
- Meet or exceed all inventory-related metrics, including turns and value.
- Incorporate Sales plan, historical forecasting model, Commercial inputs, and safety stock needs to create 2-year rolling forecast.
- Be subject matter expert on forecast tool, models, and analytics.
- Develop and monitor forecast dashboard to track and improve accuracy.
- Inventory reporting and pacing analysis to accurately monitor and predict projected inventory levels.
- Establish and participate in formal SIOP process and schedule
- Define and execute an inventory strategy in close connection with supply chain, leadership, and regional teams.
- Mitigate obsolete and slow-moving inventory. Help manage Phase-in/Phase-out and NPI planning
- Use LEAN concepts to identify & implement process simplification opportunities to improve customer experience and/or reduce planning cycle time, forecast errors, and other non-value add work.
- Represent Service Planning in strategic projects or IT-related changes as needed. Be expert on ERP (Oracle) and related forecasting tools (SO+99).
- Act as back up to Planners and/or Demand Manager as needed
- Further tasks not involved in this Job Description that the immediate leader/manager assigns
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (preferred degree in Business, Economics, Logistics/Supply Chain or Engineering) OR high school diploma/GED with at least 5 years’ experience in supply chain/materials planning
- At least 3 years’ experience in direct Materials Planning OR 6+ years in related Supply Chain function (i.e., Sourcing, Logistics, Master Scheduling)
- Industrial manufacturing experience. Preferably in a Service business or other organization with high SKU variety, large order volume, and fast-changing market conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to create and/or execute a robust inventory optimization strategy
- Highly proficient in ERP systems (especially Supply Chain/Materials Planning modules) and Microsoft Excel
- Direct experience with SIOP process and forecasting tools/methodology.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to translate complex data into meaningful, succinct data or actionable tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and influencing skills with a strong customer focus
- Demonstrated pro-active & inclusive approach to problem solving, leadership
- High tolerance for ambiguity, ability to work with multiple & competing priorities
- Self-directed, resourceful, accountable to deliver results
- Ability to identify & drive process improvements to improve productivity, customer experience
- Ability to effectively communicate across various levels of the organization
- APICS or other similar materials planning/supply chain certification
- Green Belt certification
- Skilled in at least one business intelligence/data analytics tool (Tableau, Excel Power Query and Power Pivot)
- Experience leading/coaching a team thru change while still meeting customer & business expectations
INNIO offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. INNIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.