The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Demand Generation Manager is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of integrated, data-driven marketing communications strategies and programs that support the growth objectives of a specified regional, vertical customer segment. This role will drive highly targeted marketing campaigns designed to build awareness and generate demand for Xylem’s products and services. Collaborates with the Marketing Communications organization to leverage internal resources and manage relationships with external partners to successfully execute online and offline marketing communications campaigns.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Understands and maps the vertical market value chain total requirements and in collaboration with vertical marketing and business development managers, creates compelling value propositions aligned with corporate market/brand positioning.
- Conducts regular Voice of Customer exercises (including NPS) to enable a rhythm of listening to our customers in order to provide them with differentiated customer experiences, relevant content and communications that trigger action.
- Creates a portfolio of customer personas that represent their needs, pain points, decision considerations, and touch point preferences.
- Responsible for communications strategy for commercializing new product introductions and launches, the treatment of product brands within the segment, product/program naming, advertising and promotion to attract segment targets.
- Manages a cohesive and consistent “strategic narrative” for the segment, including messaging, positioning and content development initiatives by tightly aligning and collaborating with the Marketing Services and GC Communications team for program execution and deployment through online and offline marketing communications campaigns.
- Plans, creates and launches integrated marketing campaigns by overseeing campaign vision, objectives, creative and implementation.
- Ensures consistency and continuity in presentation of the Xylem brand and the company’s product brands.
- Develops a robust lead generation funnel that supports the segment’s customer acquisition, retention and win-back growth goals, and drives revenue attribution.
- Utilizes data-driven marketing best practices such as customer segmentation, A/B testing, and analytics to inform spend decisions and drive the favorable return on investment (ROI).
- Works closely with sales teams to develop and optimize lead scoring algorithms and lead conversion tactics through integrated digital channels.
- Lead efforts to understand – and become the authority – on the intricacies of the full buyer’s journey.
- Create a regular rhythm of “Customer Listening” to gauge customer brand loyalty (NPS), inform content creation and define the most effective ways to leverage marketing to nurture customer relationships.
- Drive and manage a pipeline of qualified leads and line of sight to revenue that can be attributed to marketing efforts.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing or Communications
- 5+ years' relevant experience
- Dedicated, passionate and energetic leader with the ability to “get things done” through the power of influence.
- Highly proactive, possessing the ability to work independently and take ownership, while having
- Strong digital marketing competencies and knowledge with the ability to turn digital activity into meaningful growth opportunities.
- Strategic thinker, analytical and results oriented with experience working across functional and organization boundaries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working with and briefing teams at multiple levels (executive, department head, working group, and sales) in both customer and Xylem organizations.
- Ability to use a wide variety of tools including Excel, Marketing Automation, and various Web Reporting Analytics programs (Google Analytics, Adobe), CRM.
- Ability to speak to a wide range of audience types (technical and non-technical) who have varied levels of digital knowledge.
- MS Office, MS Project, Visio, and SharePoint a plus
- Industry knowledge helpful
- Corporate and/or comparable agency experience. If corporate, must have experience effectively working with and managing agency partners.
- Data and analytically savvy. Knows how to interpret and use consumer insights, analyses, market research, and sales/market data to develop highly targeted, customer-centric marketing initiatives.
- Results-driven: direct marketing experience or history of success managing “performance-based” marketing programs (being able to tie marketing investments back to revenue and proving ROI).
- Financially-savvy, business smart professional with the personal presence and confidence to work across all levels of organization and be viewed as a marketing partner by both internal and external constituents (agency, distributors).
- Working knowledge of marketing automation systems: Marketo, Eloqua, Hubspot or similar.
- Salesforce CRM data structure and functionality
- Travel within the region and at times, globally, up to 25%
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office or lab setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.