Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Deal and Revenue Manager to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Develop and own revenue forecasts and budgets across all Uplight business lines
- Serve as Finance’s business partner to the sales team
- Manage a team of revenue/pricing analysts
- Project revenue and Annual Recurring Revenue forecasts and budgets across software, services, and product lines
- Partner with Regional Vice Presidents of Sales on financial projections for revenue and gross margin for each new deal.
- Participate in contract negotiations to evaluate/optimize pricing, Revenue, and gross margin; assist teams in crafting terms, and approve for Finance as delegated.
- Lead pricing evaluation for Uplight’s software, services, and products
- Thought leader to transform revenue budgeting and forecasting tools, systems, and cross-functional practices to provide revenue in timely, easy-to-consume formats to various stakeholders
- Supervise one or more analysts, including direction, career development, and enablement.
- Partner with the Revenue accounting team to identify and drive revenue optimization opportunities and projects.
- Report on monthly revenue results, including analyzing variances in budgets/forecasts
- Responsible for calculating quarterly commissions for the sales team
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Seasoned leadership to drive transformational change.
- Willingness and ability to transition from high-level vision and leadership and get into the details at the same time.
- Great attitude to approach and deal with challenges and change.
- Mindset for continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills and ability to question status-quo
- Strong ability to drive business partnerships and change cross-functionally
What you bring to Uplight:
- 5+ years of progressive relevant work experience in the area of Revenue/forecast finance leadership
- 2+ years of supporting the Sales team as a finance business partnership
- Experience in developing revenue budgets, forecasts, and management reporting
- Proven experience in leading teams and change management
- Demonstrated record of process improvements in the Revenue areas
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Practical knowledge of Revenue/ARR for software industries
- Utility or regulated industry experience
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $120,000 to $145,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.