Goodwill Industries International is hiring a
TITLE: Data Compliance and Quality Assurance Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Director, Mission Engagement and Impact
DIVISION/DEPART: Mission Advancement
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
NOTE: This position is funded by a grant awarded to GII. The position’s establishment and continuance may be dependent upon on-going grant funding.
• Engages with local Goodwill® team members, GII colleagues and other subject matter experts to coordinate data collection and reporting of the grant-funded investments.
• Reviews data collection and reporting for compliance and adherence to program-specific guidelines.
• Provides technical assistance training to GII colleagues and local Goodwill team members.
• Works closely with the Mission Impact and Grant Operations teams to provide interpretation and analysis of program-specific data.
1. Engages GII and local Goodwill team members to manage an effective and efficient process for collecting, cleaning and analyzing programmatic data.
2. Design, implement and monitor programmatic data quality assurance practices.
3. Ensure that data sets collected align with Mission Impact measures.
4. Design, validate and implement programmatic management dashboards based on key performance indicators.
5. Design, validate and implement standard and custom reports and dashboards that aid in the monitoring and evaluation of programs.
6. Provide data and technical support to local Goodwill team members (virtually and on-site) to equip them with the tools and skills needed to improve data-informed decision making.
7. Identify and resolve data compliance issues. Provide training in accordance with issues identified.
8. Design and implement programmatic data compliance operating procedures.
9. Conduct in-depth performance analysis with regards to grants. Conduct trend analysis to identify short- and long-term grant impact on the local Goodwill organizations and GII strategic plans.
10. Assist with the design and delivery of training webinars, conference calls, and other venues to support local Goodwill organizations.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Internal: Work closely with GII colleagues; frequent engagement with Information Technology and Data Analytics Initiative teams.
External: Frequent engagement with stakeholders, funders, and vendors.
Local Goodwill Organizations: Frequent engagement with local Goodwill team members.
1 All duties are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated.
1. Excellent written, digital and oral communication skills that include active listening.
2. Highly organized with strong attention to detail, time management and multitasking skills.
3. Strong research, analysis and information-management skills aided by curiosity, big-picture thinking, and the ability to meaningfully find and connect new information.
4. Ability to work efficiently and effectively with stressful deadline situations.
5. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
6. Ability to work with a broad array of stakeholders from different levels within GII, local Goodwills and collaborating organizations.
7. Ability to analyze problems, issues and target outcomes to assess project impact and recommend solutions.
8. Ability to prioritize assigned activities and adapt to changing priorities.
9. Extensive experience using Microsoft Office products, Tableau, Client Management systems such as CaseWorthy or Salesforce, Project Management tools such as Smartsheet, and virtual tools such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
10. Database management experience is preferred.
11. Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint or Dynamics CRM preferred.
Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience is required with majors in information management, financial analysis evaluation, data analytics or statistics preferred.
1 or more years of work experience.
Exercise discretion and judgment in performance of duties, setting priorities, formatting/designing and organizing tasks.
Regular with latitude given to select appropriate procedures. The work is reviewed primarily for the quality of outcome and secondarily for approaches, procedures and methodologies used to complete the work. Guidance and review may be required on some work problems and projects.
Sedentary, lifting 10 lbs. maximum. Walking or standing is required only occasionally; these may be accommodated. Requires long hours at a computer.
Work environment usually hectic with periods of high stress. Positive approach to daily challenges essential.