Originating in Chicago, Youth Guidance creates and implements school-based programs that enable children to overcome obstacles, focus on their education, and ultimately succeed in school and life. Our organization is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs and capacity-building initiatives, directly serving more than 13,000 youth.
At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they can do anything with the proper support. Our professional staff are trained to work with schools, parents, and families to meet kids where they are, so they stay on the right path toward a bright future.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who will be responsible for supporting the collection and analysis of data as a part of the agency’s improvement efforts. The analyst will work closely with program teams and within the Evaluation and Quality Improvement team to ensure high quality data entry. The analyst will also provide technical support for end users.
When you join our EQI team, you will:
- Provide ongoing configuration support for the client information system used by program staff.
- Compile data sets from multiple sources and prepare for analysis
- Provide training and internal customer service support to program staff as it relates to the client information system.
- Provide support for data collection across all program teams, including creation of online forms and surveys, and collection of data from internal and external sources
- Monitor service documentation, data entry, data review and cleaning, and report preparation
- Review program service data entered by agency staff for quality, accuracy and completeness
- Support the submission of program reports to stakeholders
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files of data and reports for easy access, identification, and analysis
You've Been Prepared for Greatness:
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with data analysis or database management (internships ok)
Your Greatness Will Shine Through:
- Some programming experience (eq. SQL, Python, R) preferred.
- Possess a basic understanding of relational databases including how to query and organize them.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (create formulas, pivot tables, charts and graphs), as well as other Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Tableau a plus
- Proficient using web-based tools, such as Google docs, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to communicate data and analyses to a general audience through presentations and/or writing a plus.
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Ability to work well in group and team settings
- Must possess interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Must be committed to working with disadvantaged youth
- Must be committed to the continuous improvement to service quality and the organization’s mission
- Critical Thinking
- Communication and Collaboration
- Project Management
- Quality of Work and Ownership
- Equity Mindset
- Client-Service Orientation
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of the youth we serve using data to creatively tell our program stories
- On-going professional development and access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
- Health and wellness benefits including paid time off, various insurances, an Employee Assistance Program and more
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The duties are performed via a hybrid work model within an office/business setting. Vaccination is required.
At Youth Guidance, we understand that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) are fundamental to realizing our vision of bright and successful futures for all young people. We celebrate the diversity of youth and recognize them as empowered leaders, problem-solvers, and experts of their own experiences. At the same time, we acknowledge that many systems and institutions meant to support youth are inequitable and unjust.
As such, we are committed to advancing DE&I through our words and our actions, both internally and externally, by:
- Strengthening cultural competence as well as policies, practices, and organizational structures that foster belonging and leverage the unique backgrounds and talents of staff;
- Offering youth-centered programs that are accessible and responsive to people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual identity, gender identity and expression, language, and cultural and religious beliefs and practices;
- Influencing systems that youth, their families and communities are impacted by, such as schools, organizational networks, governmental bodies, researchers, and the funding community, to apply approaches that embrace DEI in addressing the needs and supporting the aspirations of young people.
***Please submit a cover letter along with your resume.***
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.