Cybersecurity Operations Systems Analyst
The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Cybersecurity Operations Systems Analyst will support the Enterprise Cybersecurity Operations Program by administering, supporting, and providing insightful research and analysis across the Cybersecurity systems. This role will perform a broad range of duties requiring a high level of cybersecurity knowledge. This position will serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert (SME) working with the cyber architecture team to define security requirements for programs, applications, processes.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support, troubleshoot, and manage security solutions.
- Monitor technical systems for unusual and suspicious activity across a wide range of products.
- Assist with security configuration standards for systems and business applications.
- Assist in the Proof of value process of new security products.
- Assists in ensuring information security policies and procedures are followed.
- Serve as an additional security team member, aiding in incident response (IR) with the IR and security operations center (SOC) teams.
- Analyze, document, and maintain existing technical processes and procedures, deploying incremental process improvements.
- Recommend new security solutions as well as effective improvements to existing security controls that do not negatively impact business innovation.
- Drives root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions.
- Provide metrics across security platforms to provide insight into value, trends, threat actors, etc.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- At least 1-3 years of information security experience (or combination of 1 to 3 years of IT system administration with security).
- Palo Alto Networks experience required.
- Experience in complex enterprise environments with competing business priorities
- Experience with Cyber Security frameworks such as (MITRE, Zero-Trust Extended etc.).
- Deep understanding of perimeter security solutions (IDS/IPS, Web filtering, Application Filtering and Firewalling).
- Knowledge with security platforms such as (Palo Alto Networks, email security, VMS, SIEM, EDR, ServiceNow, etc.).
- Expertise in incident response, system monitoring, and analysis.
- Knowledge and expertise across multiple Information Protection capabilities (security monitoring, threat intelligence, threat hunting, network protection, data protection, endpoint protection, vulnerability management).
- Knowledge of multiple computing platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Unix, networks, and endpoints.
- Understanding of vulnerability management programs and remediation processes.
- Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts, and procedures as necessary based upon project requirements.
- Understanding of change management processes.
- Ability to write clearly and to effectively communicate project status.
- Fluency in English, speaking and writing.
- PCCET, ACE or other Palo Alto Networks certificates.
- Possesses highly effective communications skills with the ability to influence business units.
- Acts with integrity, takes pride in work and seeks to excel, be curious and adaptable.
- Displays an analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Is highly organized and efficient.
- Leverages strategic and tactical thinking.
- Works calmly under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates effective decision-making skills.
- Is highly trustworthy and leads by example.
- Stays current with evolving threat landscape.
- Drives a security first culture.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.