Cybersecurity Operational Technology Specialist
The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Your Role: The Cybersecurity Operational Technology (OT) Specialist will support the corporate Cybersecurity Operations Program by administering, supporting, and providing insightful research and analysis across Cybersecurity systems. The Specialist will perform a broad range of duties requiring a high level of OT and Industrial Controls (ICS) knowledge. This position will serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert (SME) working with cyber architecture team to define security requirements for programs, applications, processes, with an OT/ICS focus.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support, troubleshoot, and manage OT/ICS Cybersecurity solutions.
- Monitor technical systems for unusual and suspicious activity across a wide range of products.
- Assess the cybersecurity posture of OT/ICS environments to identify vulnerabilities and recommend risk reduction strategies
- Help establish close relationships with manufacturing facilities to provide guidance and support them in their decision-making process to improve the level of maturity and governance from a Cybersecurity perspective.
- Assist with security configuration standards for OT/ICS systems and applications.
- Assists in ensuring information security policies and procedures are followed.
- Serve as an additional security team member, aiding in incident response (IR) with the IR and security operations center (SOC) teams.
- Analyze, document, and maintain existing technical processes and procedures, deploying incremental process improvements.
- Recommend new security solutions as well as effective improvements to existing security controls that do not negatively impact business innovation.
- Drives root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions.
- Provide metrics across security platforms to provide insight into value, trends, threat actors, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- At least 5-7 years of OT/ICs security experience.
- Experience in complex enterprise environments with competing business priorities
- Experience with Cybersecurity frameworks such as (ISA/IEC 62243, NIST, MITRE, NERC CIP) Experience with ICS such as programmable logic controllers, distributed control systems, human-machine interfaces, intelligent electronic devices (IED), remote terminals, motor control systems, variable frequency drives and SCADA systems
- Deep understanding of OT/ICS systems, processes, communication channels, vulnerabilities, risk reduction, and threat landscape.
- Deep understanding of perimeter security solutions (IDS/IPS, Web filtering, Application Filtering and Firewalling) with a focus on Palo Alto and Cisco.
- Experience with OT/ICS security platforms such as: Nozomi, Dragos, Tenable.ot, etc.
- Expertise in incident response, system monitoring, and analysis.
- Knowledge of multiple computing platforms, including Windows, Linux, Unix, networks, and endpoints.
- Understanding of vulnerability management programs and remediation processes.
- Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts, and procedures as necessary based upon project requirements.
- Understanding of change management processes.
- Ability to write clearly and to effectively communicate project status.
- Possesses highly effective communications skills with the ability to influence business units.
- Acts with integrity, takes pride in work and seeks to excel, be curious and adaptable.
- Displays an analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Is highly organized and efficient.
- Leverages strategic and tactical thinking.
- Works calmly under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates effective decision-making skills.
- Is highly trustworthy and leads by example.
- Stays current with evolving threat landscape.
- Drives a security first culture.
Preferred Certification Include:
- PCCET, ACE or other Palo Alto Networks certificates.
- CISSP, CISM, CEH or other Cybersecurity certification
- Travel is expected to be less than 10% annually
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about an office environment
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.