To ensure raw material is crushed for the smooth running of production. Monitor through the mimic board or ECS screen the control parameters of the entire crushing operations.
In this role, Control or maintain suitable process parameter according to the established requirements.
He/she will also be responsible for the smooth operation and general housekeeping of all production shops. Record hourly the performances of the crusher based on the obtained parameters reading e.g. operating time, resumption time, stoppages as well as their causes, adjustments, activities done during the progress of operation and shutdown on respective forms and logbooks.
Maintains regular interval calibration of belt weighed to have quality and efficient crushing operations.
Complies with prescribe work instruction in the proper starting and stopping of the crusher and auxiliary units in order to prevent loss and damage to equipment as well as to personnel.
- Accountable for the safety of self and Colleagues in the section.
- Responsible for LOTOTO registration during all maintenance.
- First level inspection before start-up beginning from the pry belts to the crusher platform.
- Follow and review the SOP – Standard Operating Procedure to ensure accuracy.
- Attends the daily production meeting and receives the daily work instructions.
- Coordinate the activities on the crusher platforms during operations.
- Reports any faults found with the plant to the shift leader and submits the
- checklist to him where such faults are indicated..
- Prepare daily and monthly report on the material crushed.
- Contribute to the analysis of failure and problems, recommending corrective actions.
- Operation of the ECS (Central Control Room) of the Crusher(s).
- Liaise regularly with the quality team on the raw material sample analysis and follow up with the results.
- 12 .Records any delays on the crusher plant and reasons for such delays by
- reporting delays to the shift leader.
- Helps in the department’s housekeeping by keeping the working area clean.
- Participates in the Company’s safety program by attending monthly safety
- meetings and quarterly firefighting training.
- Performs any other reasonable tasks when requested by Shift Leader.
- Assists the maintenance team during shutdowns/PMR(preventive maintenance routine)
- Any other task that may be assigned from time to time
- Computer Knowledge
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND)
- Minimum 3 years in similar assignments
- Working knowledge of cement manufacturing processes: Raw meal preparation, burning, combustion, grinding and packing operation.
Knowledge & Skills
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer Skills especially Excel, word, powerpoint and email applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Tact and tolerant
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Resilient and Motivated
Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long range goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple project plans successfully and simultaneously.
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams
- Able to coach and direct a diverse team
Professional Proficiency in English Language
Local / International