Credit Risk Analyst- Gurgaon
Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for SMEs across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for small businesses in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to strengthen its credit risk team with an experienced professional, who will help candi to lead the revolution of solar for SMEs. candi is focused on making solar accessible to SMEs and the role requires experience and openness in dealing with small corporate counterparties. We are looking for someone with experience in bilateral lending or counterparty risk assessments in India, and possibly South Africa. Given the global footprint of candi, the individual should also be interested in familiarising themselves with risk assessments for companies in other jurisdictions. This job further offers interested individuals the opportunity to gain insight into and participate in the development and improvement of risk rating and monitoring tools.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following:
- Dealing with different quality of financial information, analysis of financial statements, identifying & making risk relevant adjustments & calculating key ratios
- Research into industries’ competitive environment and risk
- Taking a view in situations of limited information and giving solid motivation of the same
- Assessing corporate credit risk, rating corporates and writing concise credit notes on identified risk and mitigating factors
- Running KYC and background checks on companies and individuals, and advising the sales team on adequacy of counterparties
- Engaging in training of other departments on risk issues to establish a company-wide sentiment for risk appetite and adoption of a portfolio risk view
- Keeping up to date with economic and industry developments, networking with other financiers or risk rating agencies in the market
- Supporting the Head of Credit in the further advancement and improvement of in-house risk tools
Location: Gurgaon, with flexibility with working from home. Occasional client-related travel may be required.
Hours: Full time or 80%.
- 5+ years experience in credit risk in India, ideally with a focus on corporate lending to SMEs
- Excellent understanding of financial statement analysis, credit risk analysis, ability to identify key risk issues and communicate on it in concise manner
- Familiarity with RBI regulations for NBFCs regarding credit risk
- Basic knowledge on KYC and ESG risk, related to counterparty assessments and/or internally
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and openness to other data analysis programs
- Experience or know-how in data analysis and/or programing (Python, VBA) is a significant advantage
- Excellent spoken and written English
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes always being polite, being authentic, being a team player and working by the candi principle that Less is More.
- A cross-functional team player, with appetite for a dynamic start-up environment, willing to take initiative on projects in a multicultural company working to scale-up and execute big, bold ideas
- Experience in working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, considered an advantage
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually
- candi is an equal opportunities employer
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping SMEs in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.