We offer rewarding summer internships and hire new grads year-round for Finance Credit.
Our internship program gives university students an opportunity to work with a global organization, on projects that truly affect the betterment of the company and society, while also giving them real world, hands-on experience. By focusing on in-depth projects, interns gain the ability to showcase their work, and advance the possibility of securing a job opportunity with Xylem after they graduate.
- You must be enrolled in a related degree program and actively working toward your undergraduate or advanced degree.
- We hire new graduates year-round. We typically begin our intern hiring in the late fall/early spring for an annual 10 to 12 week program from May to August.
This position is accountable for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy and periodic credit reviews of existing customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses
- Analyses, evaluate and establish appropriate credit lines following the corporate credit policy
- Manage customer credit files
- Monitor the credit granting and updating process
- Monitor periodic credit reviews and handle special credit arrangements
- Manage relations with the Sales department
- Manage the credit approval and credit collection processes and analyze accounts receivables
- Manage and advice collection strategy for problem or bad debt accounts
- Work closely with Orders & logistics department on disputed customer return issues
- Work closely with the Sales department re enquiries, quotations, prices to customers
- Monthly assessment of expenditure and accrual requirements especially the bad debt reserve
- Manage relationship with clients related to pricing, product enquiries, orders and quotes, account statements, discrepancies, credit notes and invoice copies for payments
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- Time Management: Prioritizes work to meet goals and deadlines.
- Individual consideration: Advises and teaches people who need it.