C-Quest Capital LLC (CQC) is an award winning leading global carbon project developer, social impact investor and climate finance specialist. Our mission is to transform the lives of families in the poorest communities in developing countries by providing access to clean and sustainable energy solutions and improving the health and wellbeing of women and children. Since 2010, we have been making investments in carbon reduction and removal programs, providing clean and efficient energy appliances, small-scale agriculture and forestry services to the rural poor.
We are committed to catalyzing a sustained transition to a climate resilient future for communities whose health and economic well-being are most at risk from climate change. Our ambition is to use carbon finance to achieve a long-term transition to more sustainable alternatives at scale. We aim to have a lasting impact on the planet, people, and their prosperity, which is why our projects are delivered under the banner of Transformation Carbon – projects that are truly transforming lives, behaviors, and technologies. CQC’s carbon programs have already improved the lives of over 20 million people in Africa, India, Southeast Asia and Central America.
CQC is headquartered in Washington DC, USA, with subsidiaries in India, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia and Australia and operations in over 20 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa, Central America, and South and Southeast Asia. We currently have c. 300 employees and over 1,000 contracted staff serving our clients and investors.
CQC is rapidly expanding its investment in cleaner cooking services across its core geographies. In Southeast Asia (SEA) we have launched a 1million household four-year investment across Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam and expanding our operations to the Philippines with an aim to reach out to 250,000 households by 2026. We manage country teams and implementing partners across the region. We are currently looking for a talented and experienced Country Manager for Cambodia operations.
- Work directly with Director Operations, Southeast Asia to coordinate on the ground logistical support of stove projects with all key stakeholders.
- Work closely with Director, Cambodia to manage country-based expenses and budgets for travel, office expense, equipment as well as all CQC Cambodia’s premises and assets.
- Coordinate the customs/border/shipment logistics of stoves and parts.
- Responsible for warehousing/inventory management of all goods in and out of the warehouse and maintaining a supply chain database management system.
- Manage a complete stove distribution process including project site selection, transportation, distribution event, registration, follow-up visits, spot check/audit and stove replacement.
- Manage Cambodia-based operations personnel, including identifying, contracting, and providing a capacity building for the operations team.
- Be well versed in all CQC training materials/operational manuals, SOPs and able to conduct trainings for field staff and agents.
- Stove Theory Training– Able to provide overview of stove theory as well as our business and process of implementation.
- Stove Practicum Training– Able to lead demonstration and construction of our cookstove.
- Enumeration/Registration/Surveys Training– Able to train on how to use stove registration application and upload to DMS via smartphone.
- Able to build up a team of surveyors and lead surveys such as Monitoring and Verification (M&V) and Follow-up visits to the project households.
- Build a robust and trustworthy relationship with local stakeholders and the target community to ensure long-term and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Scout the fieldwork for data cleaning to ensure the high quality and accuracy of data; Manage and analyze large data sets of registrations and surveys; Coordinate with India based CQC data team to clean registration and post-registration survey database.
Supervision: Reports to the Director of Operations, Southeast Asia for technical/operational workload, and reports to the Director, Cambodia for administrative management.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
- Bachelor's degree preferably focused on business administration, sciences, health, energy, environment, climate change, social science, gender and development, or international development, with advanced degree(s) in relevant fields advantageous, depending on field of study and experience gained.
- Minimum 5-year experience in building and facilitating relationships for rural and/or urban development programs.
- Familiarity with supply chain management in project country, desired.
- Ability to travel internationally and maintains up-to-date passport, ability to drive and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate their communications when interacting with a wide range of stakeholders across various levels including senior managers.
- Applied cross-sector knowledge and proficiency in one or more of the following areas: health, environmental/conservation/forestry, agriculture, sustainable/renewable energy, or gender/women’s empowerment.
- Networking and marketing skills at a national, regional, and local levels with Cambodian nationals and non-national staff.
- Competent with email, WhatsApp, and MS Teams, Skype/Zoom video calling. Able to maintain an adequate level of smartphone and computer literacy.
- Written and oral proficiency and literacy in English language and fluency in Khmer.
- Proficiency in facilitating and delivering trainings to non-expert audiences.
- Patience and the desire to contribute to livelihoods development and climate transformation technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in handling and analyzing large data sets and relational databases, advantageous.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills with experience working in a global team environment an advantage.
The Country Manager is expected to travel on an as-needed short-notice timeline. Much of the role will be overseeing teams that travel throughout Cambodia, but he/she will be required to travel frequently to oversee the teams.
Hiring entity: C-Quest Capital (Cambodia) Co., Ltd.
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Compensation Details: Competitive base salary with bonus, pension fund and other benefits based on candidate’s working experiences and competencies.
Application: Please submit Cover letter and Resume