Are you someone with strong leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment and building both internal and external relationships? Are you a thoughtful leader, a trusted advisor and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon is currently seeking a Corporate Sustainability Champion to join our team. We are looking for someone to enable us to achieve our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) commitments. The ideal candidate demonstrates an ability to enable cooperation, remove barriers, and embrace innovation. You will be responsible for coordinating the company's overall ESG program. You will work closely with the Corporate Sustainability Team, Partner Lead for ESG, and the company’s CEO. As the pseudo “Scrum Master” for Sustainability you will have an opportunity to see change in action and make an impact. The successful candidate may also provide support to the company via research, technical report writing or continuing education.
What your day will look like
- Enable and support the implementation of the recently developed company ESG commitments
- Coordinate the annual production of our Sustainability Report and seek new and innovative ways to automate key data points
- Lead the development, review and update of various environmental, climate change and sustainability policies
- Coordinate the development of appropriate online portals to highlight ESG information
- Establish a clear, prioritized activity roadmap that successfully delivers the company’s ambitions, including changes in policies and/or processes, alignment with external benchmarks, and proactive engagement with external agencies as required
- Work across the businesses to inform and educate, and ensuring that key stakeholders understand the role that they (or their teams) play in ESG
- Coordinate, plan and align environmental and sustainability initiatives, programs, and plans in collaboration with all business units
- Perform regular scans and actively seeks funding sources (grants, partnerships) relating to environmental plans, programs and initiatives
- Create content for social media, print and applicable Dillon web pages and microsites with the collaboration of the Marketing Coordinator
Learning and Development
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Post-secondary education in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Science, Environmental Planning, or a related discipline
- The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate sustainability and ESG
- A general understanding of ESG Reporting, third party verifications, policy building, and automation of key data
- Experience working in a consulting environment or in a field complimentary to ESG, sustainability or energy management
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits, flexible work arrangements and a generous retirement savings plan. Our work week is 37.5 hours.
Why choose Dillon?
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words that result in actions build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences
In addition, we offer:
Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all full-time regular employees
A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
Flexible work hours
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal learning opportunities.
Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
- Our employees can take advantage of wellness subsidies that can be put towards expenses for a variety of health and/or wellness related activities such as gym membership, purchase of home fitness equipment, yoga classes and dance classes**.**
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With over 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 16 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!