Every day, we work together for what matters – bold, swift, and equitable climate action.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a paralegal who’s interested in working in the growing Climate field? 3Degrees is seeking a skilled legal professional to join our growing global business! As a member of the Legal Team, you will play a critical role in helping the team to efficiently scale by examining our processes with a critical eye and bringing your expertise to enable the department to operate in a streamlined and effective manner. As part of a growing organization, the Paralegal, in collaboration with the Legal Team, will aid and further those efforts with intellectual curiosity and be comfortable completing a varied array of responsibilities in a changing environment.
This is a full-time position preferably located in either San Francisco, CA or Portland, OR, and will report to the General Counsel. A remote office in other parts of the United States, with agreement to travel for training and collaboration will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with and assist the Legal Team in a diverse portfolio of matters to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of a small, agile Legal Team
- Manage and administer the various administrative aspects of the Legal Team, including responding to informational requests, collaborating with internal clients, and collecting information from across the organization
- Organize, manage, and retain all legal documentation for the Company (i.e. creating an appropriate naming convention) and be responsible for departmental records in a growing multinational business
- Produce legal documents related to the development and implementation of corporate policies and templates
- Create tables and summaries relating to various corporate and commercial interests
- Provide contract support for standardized agreements, such as non-disclosure, marketing, and vendor agreements
- Assisting with due diligence for various corporate transactions; guiding and working with internal clients and counterparties for the collection of due diligence information and material
- Provide additional support for documents and activities related to corporate restructurings, such as mergers, formations, and dissolutions
- Support the Legal Team’s compliance function by gathering and organizing information in accordance with company policies
- Assist in preparation of legal documents for all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including entity formation and reorganization, merger, acquisition, stock/asset sale, and shareholder buy-outs
- Monitor and review transactional documents in accordance with checklists, and track progression of diverse corporate and commercial transactions
- Work on post-closing matters such as preparation and distribution of certifications, confirmations, filings of assigned interests, and production of deal binders
You are a resourceful and solutions-oriented legal professional, able to support the legal team with a variety of sophisticated transactions. Your experience and strong understanding of legal terminology makes you comfortable communicating across all levels of the organization, including vice presidents, C-level executives, and board members. You have actively participated in and effectively managed projects involving a large volume of documentation, review, and qualification or categorization related to mergers and acquisitions, equity raises, board and corporate governance, and due diligence requests.
- A high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment utilizing excellent judgment, administrative abilities, and decision-making skills to close out tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational skills, including experience with building practical, user-friendly corporate legal records
- Excellent interpersonal and customer mindset with an exceptional ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of internal clients and legal department attorneys
- Strong ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors
- Experience redlining and reviewing contracts, contract administration or related work experience
- Relevant professional experience in a law firm or corporate legal department setting as a paralegal. Certified paralegal highly preferred
- Understanding of legal procedures and terminology as particularly related to business and corporate transactions and corporate governance and corporate housekeeping
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities and well-versed in documentation and reporting
- High level of motivation, a proactive self-starter requiring minimal supervision
HOW WE DEFINE SUCCESS
Within 30 days
- You identify and assess the accuracy, completeness, and user-friendliness of the Legal Team’s records, and propose recommended changes and improvements to the established recordkeeping process
Within 60 days
- You display competence with the organization’s business and internal practices to effectively identify, organize, and provide documents responsive to internal or external informational requests
Within 90 days
- You become fluent in the Legal Team’s language and operations to efficiently and effectively handle assigned tasks from beginning to completion, as well as provide effective support to internal teams as a member of the Legal Team
Within 6 months
- Your management of the Legal Team's administrative needs has made that function a well-oiled machine, enabling you to identify and resolve other departmental gaps, and spend more time applying your understanding of the business to help improve the efficiency and bandwidth of internal legal resources
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation: The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $85,500 to $125,000 in the US. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, role requirements, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.
- Benefits: this position is eligible for a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible paid time off and more. Additional information regarding the benefits available for this position can be found at: https://jobs.jobvite.com/3degrees/jobs/jointheteam
- Supplemental Pay: this position is eligible for discretionary bonus programs including the company’s profit sharing program and an annual performance bonus based on personal, department and company goals.
- This compensation and benefits information is based on 3Degrees’ good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND EQUITY**
3Degrees is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where different perspectives contribute to better solutions. 3Degrees welcomes people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or gender expression, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by law.