One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
The ideal start date for this position is April 2023.
A versatile position at a nonprofit that wants to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Together we can restore forests, create habitat for biodiversity, and make a positive social impact around the world.
- Reports to our director of Fundraising
- To seek out & identify high level corporate partnerships
- Initiate and develop relationships with a variety of different companies, businesses and individuals
- Contact prospective donors by email, zoom and telephone
- Use Salesforce CRM to track progress with new potential donors
- Ensure timely follow-up to move donor relationships forward
- Monitor and keep track of sustainability pledges from CSR initiatives
- Record outbound email & call history and donor response in detail
- Participate in team meetings and projects as needed
- Respond to donor inquiries/needs and resolve effectively and efficiently
- Support managing corporate donor relationships & implementation of retention/stewardship strategies
- Participate in creating effective quarterly and annual fundraising strategies
- Bachelor's degree and/or 3 years direct work experience
- Experience of successful business networking
- A proven track record of success in managing and achieving fundraising targets and goals
- Demonstrated ability to produce results, secure meetings and calls with corporate partners and and move from initial interest to secured support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise own judgement and discretion
- Experience of professional fundraising, or similar experience in a sales or business development environment
- Comfortable speaking to several different audiences and prospects on a daily basis
- Team player, and efficient in working with different departments of the organization
- Is creative and can help develop unique fundraising strategies to drive funding towards our reforestation projects
- Experience working in Salesforce
- IDEAL LOCATION: Montreal, but open to remote
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive salary and a highly competitive package of benefits including:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive PTO Plan
- Wellness Plans
- Yearly Bonus
- Health Plans for North American Staff
- Retirement Plans with competitive employer contribution for North American staff
- Travel opportunities, international and domestic
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
- Your resume.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Responsibilities, duties may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.