Xylem is hiring a
We’re Hiring for a Continuous Improvement Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Continuous Improvement Specialist will be responsible for leading cross functional projects designed to analyze and design workflows the improve efficiencies. In this role, the incumbent will also interface with other departments to identify strategic improvement opportunities and sharing best practices. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Design and build organizational lean capacity and coach business leaders while transforming the key value streams.
· Lead cross-functional, complex projects designed to analyze and design sequence of operations and workflows to improve efficiencies.
· Lead workforce engagement initiatives to strengthen CI culture and involvement.
· Conduct studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
· Develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods and tools to facilitate an Improved Customer Experience.
· Facilitate Kaizen events to drive continuous improvements in operations and office areas, creating internal capabilities to lead kaizens and sustain continuous process improvement without external support.
· Interface with other departments to identify improvement opportunities to drive high quality and efficient processes
· Mobilizes Problem solving teams and supporting groups to streamline processes to drive clear business improvement.
· Participate on multiple projects and apply continuous improvement techniques leveraging Six Sigma and Lean methodologies to solve problems (DMAIC) and build new capabilities.
· Share best practices and develop coordinated plans.
· Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
· Partner and work closely with customer facing teams and business functions (HR, Finance, IT, Customer Support, Product Management, Engineering, Product Development).
· Experience delivering tangible productivity results via operational and transactional excellence projects.
· Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
· BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
· 3+ year of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness, and tangible financial benefit
· Black Belt certification preferred
· PMP/Agile training or certification preferred (Project / Program experience is acceptable alternative)
· Hands-on and demonstrated experience with continuous improvement programs including employment of lean and / or Six Sigma tools and methodologies
· Facilitated or participated in at least 2 separate weeklong kaizen events while performing proper preparation and follow up
· Demonstrated successful project management experience and acumen
· Comfortable with ambiguity
· Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective Change Management development and execution
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.