JOB DESCRIPTION- CONTENT WRITER
COMPANY PROFILE candi solar is a dedicated rooftop solar company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets.
The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Content Writer to join our marketing team and help candi to lead the revolution of solar with the creation of compelling and informative content relating to solar energy opportunities in India, South Africa and beyond. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following for the Global team across all markets:
- Conducting research on the latest solar energy trends, technologies, policies, and news in India and South Africa.
- Creating high-quality, well-researched, and engaging content that aligns with our brand voice and target audience.
- Writing and editing PR articles, blog posts, social media posts, infographics, and any other forms of content that appeals to our identified target audiences and high quality generate leads.
- Collaborating with the marketing and sales teams to develop and execute content strategies that drive traffic, engagement, and most importantly, generate high quality leads.
- Liaising with PR and digital agencies in India for best content distribution avenues.
- Proposing and creating bespoke forms of content that appeal to our identified target audiences and high quality generate leads.
- Utilising SEO best practices to optimise content for search engines and increase organic traffic to our website.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest content marketing trends and tools and regularly recommend new approaches to improve our content strategy.
- Copying editing requirements for internal purposes across all departments.
- Over and above the core focus of content creation and copyediting, the selected candidate will be requested to assist with ad hoc marketing requirements for the team in India.
Location: Gurugram or Mohali (combined with working from home)
Hours: Full time
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ content writing experience, in the solar energy industry or another renewable energy sector.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong research skills and the ability to understand complex technical concepts and translate them into simple, engaging content.
- Thorough knowledge of SEO and content marketing best practices to boost rankings.
- Experience creating copy for social media platforms and, in particular, LinkedIn.
- Familiar with assessing data for insights that can influence content creation for highest engagement and lead generation from our target audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and come up with proactive solutions to any problems that arise.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multitask.
- A team-player, embracing an attitude of “How can I help?”
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we get it done as one and follow the candi principle that less is more.
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up seeking to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.