TITLE: Content Management Systems Administrator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director, User Experience
DIVISION/DEPT: Analytics and Technology
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
As the Content Management System (CMS) Administrator, you will be responsible for managing the daily operational performance of the system and the overall relationship between the CMS vendor and Workday. You will serve as the system expert to troubleshoot issues; provide appropriate CMS training for the organization; develop reports and analyze CMS data; and manage all system upgrades, enhancements, and customizations to maintain and enhance the overall user experience. You will work closely with those who interact with the system to provide technical expertise and process improvement support to support consistent use of the CMS and improved productivity. You must have a passion for tools and be a champion for content transformation.
- Managing user provisioning.
- Use of development environment to test and launch new content features.
- Develop and document processes to ensure consistent use of the CMS.
- Troubleshoot CMS issues and ensure that tools are functioning properly for the team’s use.
- Work on task-oriented administration details.
- Prepare and maintain a schedule for all CMS-related initiatives.
- Implement planned activities on time and within budget.
- Document project status and content processes, and create tool manuals.
- Inform stakeholders on the project progress regularly.
- Execute administrative project activities and meet deadlines.
- Ensure that content processes are cost-effective, and that shared and reusable resources are utilized to their full potential.
- Recommend future improvements to the CMS including content management features, workflow, integrations, and user experience. Utilize Hotjar and other survey methods to help inform future improvement recommendations.
- Develop end-to-end website functionality tests.
- Manage third party integrations and validate healthy synchronization in data being rendered.
- Moderate Community discussion boards.
- Manage tier 1 Gateway (GII analytics platform) tickets resolving them or documenting issues for follow up by Tier 2 support.
- Collaborate with other content management system owners and network administration team using Active Directory.
SKILLS NEEDED: MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 + years' experience administering a CMS or similar tool.
- Working knowledge of JQuery, PHP, REST, and SOAP as well as UI design.
- Familiar with firewalls, remote access to machines, MySQL, and PHP for maintaining the infrastructure underlying websites.
- Demonstrated abilities in developing and maintaining effective, positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational abilities, including coordinating multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Strong project management skills, including planning, scheduling, and communication.
- Self-reliant and capable of quickly solving problems and resolving conflicts at various levels.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to make decisions based on instructions and previous experience.
- Ability to quickly understand current business drivers and adapt as needed when challenges and opportunities arise.
- Ability to provide exceptional, hands-on customer service in person, by phone and email.
- Strong attention to details and deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal, written, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with workflow and procedure analysis.
- Experience developing internal tools training materials.
- Experience with Agile development is a plus.
- Experience administering CRM platform is a plus.
- Up to 10% travel required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related area or at least 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous administrator experience of cloud-based software preferred.
DECISION MAKING: Decisions related to diagnosing problems and implementing corrective action. Ability to pivot tasks as priorities change.
SUPERVISION: General – Latitude is given to determine approaches, procedures, and methodologies for accomplishing the work. Receive administrative review. Work is reviewed to assure it is conceptually sound and meets assignment objectives.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Medium, lifting 30 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 15 lbs. Walking or standing to a significate degree, involves sitting most of the time. May require long hours at a personal computer.
EMOTIONAL EFFORT: Medium, frequent short deadlines requiring some overtime. Work environment usually hectic with periods of high stress.
- Internal: Daily contact with GII team members revolving around project and project needs.
- External: Frequent contact with consultants and suppliers.
- Government Officials: N/A