We’re Hiring for a Consumer Insights Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE**:** The Consumer Insights Manager will be responsible for capturing consumer insights and educating our commercial teams with market research. The position will leverage both primary and secondary research to understand what matters most to our customers and keep our finger on the pulse of the markets we serve. They’ll boldly bring the voice of the consumer into the room in a way that has a direct and immediate impact on the business, even when their points are controversial. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Design and manage select voice of customer (VOC) projects that target strategic business opportunities, helping to guide the NPD pipeline.
- Synthesize VOC and other market research efforts into concise presentations, communicate findings to internal stakeholders, and influence change within the organization.
- Engage with marketing and company leadership to share the results of research and bring the voice of the customer into major decisions. Share quarterly market research updates with domestic and international commercial managers for our main business segments.
- Manage and execute our Net Promoter Score (NPS) process to help us proactively gather data on customer feedback and loyalty—and help the organization act on the overall results.
- Provide a la carte market research support to commercial leaders on special projects to help better understand specific markets or customer groups. This would include designing and executing surveys to collect primary data.
- Provide routine competitive intelligence reports for our commercial leaders to bring visibility to commercial threats to the organization.
- Create templates and guidelines for running effective, non-biased customer research surveys that include both qualitative and quantitative results.
- Create a scalable set of best practices and training for VOC research that can be rolled out to a growing marketing organization and empower regional teams to collect customer feedback.
- Serve as administrator for all market research tools (i.e., Talkwalker) and supply training to users (e.g., Inside Sales) as needed.
- Liaison with our corporate market research team to track and report on key global legislation that could affect our business.
- Apply your project management skills in other facets of the Marketing Operations world, serving as a project manager for other key marketing operations initiatives as needed.
- Four-year college degree in Market Research, Business, Marketing, or the Sciences
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with survey design and running Voice of Customer research
- Demonstrated experience translating research into insights that have a measurable impact on messaging, products, the business, and customer experience.
- Excellent project management skills: ability to coordinate with different people, departments, business units, and agencies.
- Strong communicator with a bias toward action to proactively collaborate with multiple teams across the company to better understand our customers.
- Impeccable writing, curating, and editing skills with a keen sense for effectively summarizing customer feedback. Demonstrated excellence in developing different types of written VOC reports.
- Proficient in Excel with confidence to manipulate, analyze and apply data for both performance analyses and data-driven storytelling.
- Adept at navigating uncertainty and complexity in research where there is no single correct answer and the ability to drive to a finished product amidst this uncertainty.
- Advanced degree in a Market Research or related field—or an MBA
- 5+ years of demonstrated market research experience (ideally with analytical instrumentation or highly technical businesses)
- Proficient in the tools used to analyze and interpret data, including statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, or similar. A particular focus will be placed on identifying novel ways to organize the insights we collect during VOC projects.
- Deep knowledge of survey platforms such as Qualtrics or SurveyMonkey is a plus, as is a familiarity with tools used to organize data from Voice of Customer projects, like MAXQDA.
- Previous experience working on an Agile team
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.