Every day, we work together for what matters – bold, swift, and equitable climate action.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Strategy Consultant is a vital contributor to our Energy & Climate Practice group, the consulting team at 3Degrees. The position conducts research and analysis to support the delivery of client work under the direction of senior-level team members.
3Degrees’ consulting projects focus on envisioning and implementing renewable energy and climate solutions for large organizations. Our work focuses on reducing emissions of energy supplies - both electricity, transportation and thermal - and enabling growing organizations to adopt these solutions within robust sustainability programs.
This position is open to candidates ideally based within a commutable distance of our UK offices in London Paddington, or Oslo Norway, where you can enjoy a flexible, hybrid-working pattern. Exceptional candidates based remotely in Hungary, Italy, Spain, UK, Netherlands and Norway may also be considered. This role reports to the European ECP Manager, Strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our Consultants bring renewable energy domain expertise and perform the following work:
- Support the delivery of client work through financial modeling, developing presentations, writing and preparing memos and helping with additional client requests
- Conduct independent research using your ingenuity and curiosity to make reasonable assumptions and come up with appropriate solutions, at times with incomplete information. This may include country-level energy market research, delving into standards documents to find specific references or proof points, as well as research on complex topics such as regulatory proceedings
- Translate results of research and analyses into clear visual representations
- Support project leads in the creation or editing of spreadsheets so as to be "client-ready,” including developing analytical tools for client deliverables
- Implement error-checking processes and serve as QA on others' analyses
- Proactively track actual performance of own work performed against the established plan, with active communication with the Director or Manager
- Capture project learnings and repeatable deliverables and work samples for future use according to knowledge management processes
You are someone who loves to analyze, research and offer creative solutions. You ask lots of questions, take a proactive approach to support the team and you have the ability to clearly present information. You are curious and look at all sides of a problem/challenge in order to make informed recommendations. You pride yourself in your attention to detail. Your organizational skills help you create and execute work plans that are efficient while delivering a high level of support to serve our clients. Prior experience working on consulting projects is a plus, specifically addressing renewable energy and climate change issues, as is an understanding of financial modeling and experience of Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs).
- Experience supporting clients as part of a management consulting team (minimum of 2 years)
- Familiarity with subject matter such as carbon mitigation and offsets, renewable energy, battery storage, green hydrogen, wholesale energy markets (domestic and international), retail electricity supply, utility green tariffs, and greenhouse gas inventories
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel (i.e. advanced functions such as nested formulas, pivot tables, conditional formatting, and advanced filtering/sorting) and prior background with managing extremely large datasets. VBA is a plus
- Ability to use Tableau for professional data visualization and analysis
- A practical working knowledge of Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs) is a plus
- Experience in climate risk and IPCC scenarios, this could be from practical experience, education or an internship, for example
- Stellar researcher who can synthesize information and logically structure findings
- Strategic, conceptual, analytical thinking and decision making skills. Highly organized, reliable and well-structured in your research and analyses
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience making/delivering presentations to external clients and internal stakeholders
- Versatility and ability to be agile in an environment that requires many different types of tasks for a variety of project types
- Bachelor's Degree in an analytical or quantitative major, along with professional experience in an analytical role (Master’s Degree is a plus)
HOW WE DEFINE SUCCESS
Within 30 days
- You have an understanding of the quality of work and the level of research and analysis that is required. You have an understanding of the breadth and depth of our consulting services and have a solid client service mindset
Within 90 days
- You can work independently and know when and where to seek information and resources. You are building knowledge in our core services and are adaptable to different project types
Within 6 months
- You are able to deliver tasks tailored to client needs and can slot into a variety of projects
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation: The starting base pay for this position is equivalent to $59,000 to $97,000 USD. The Employment Agreement will be converted and stated in the currency applicable to the candidate's location. The total compensation package for the successful candidate in this role will exceed the base pay, as total compensation includes other incentive pay including bonus and profit sharing. The base pay is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
- Benefits: Information regarding the benefits available for this position can be found at: https://jobs.jobvite.com/3degrees/jobs/jointheteam
- This compensation and benefits information is based on 3Degrees’ good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND EQUITY
3Degrees is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse and inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We are proud to welcome people of all race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.