Hivos is hiring a
Hivos believes that human life in its many forms is valuable, and that people are filled with potential. Living a life in freedom and dignity, with respect for each other and the planet, leads to greater individual well-being and fair, vibrant societies.
We cooperate with various partners across several continents.. The projects we develop and support can be large scale and long term, but also small and experimental – a farmer’s cooperative, or a breeding ground for internet entrepreneurs, for example. What our partners have in common is that they seek to bring about social change through innovative ways. We recognize that same drive in many people across the world.
We are aware of the vulnerability of many of our beneficiaries and the importance of the behavior of our own staff and staff of our partner’s. We have a Safeguarding Policy that provides clear definitions of what Safeguarding means for Hivos , sets standards across the organization, and gives clear guidance on how to apply the policy throughout the organization and in relation to partner organizations.
Terms of Reference: Safeguarding Consultant
This project will be conducted by a consultant with experience in;
• Developing Safeguarding Policies at a global level
• Proven track record of at least 5 years’ experience in developing Safeguarding Policies which cover multinational and cross-cultural teams.
Requirement for proposal for consideration
• Share a technical proposal how they could conduct the assignment including methodology.
• Share a financial process detailing the costing of the assignment
• How they would fit their timeframes to the required timelines
• The assignment is expected to take approximately 3 months starting 1st week of June 2023
• A draft policy should be available for review by the Management Team by 30 July 2023
• Awareness sessions and Training of key stakeholders should be completed by 31 August 2023.
You are welcome to submit your proposal by clicking on the apply button. Here you can submit both your cover letter with consultancy rate (max. 1 page) and a CV (max. 2 pages) in English.
In your cover letter please also submit a quote for this consultancy.
Hivos reserves the right to close the position before the application deadline if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore, interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.