All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and depending on the role you apply for you may be required to visit and/or live in our communal program environments. Please note that vaccination is required for all in-person work environments, including program bases and offices. You will also be expected to adhere to particular safety protocols (including relating to COVID-19), and should understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and others around you. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt staff to join meetings and events virtually, to ensure we provide an inclusive environment for those who are unvaccinated or at high risk.
The start date for this position is ASAP.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us. We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day. Everyone is welcome.
Learn more about our Florida Hurricane Ian Relief program.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides community-inspired, volunteer-powered disaster relief. This position is responsible for managing the technical needs of a successful program.
- Reports to Project Manager
- Roles reporting to position None
- Approximate number of reports 0
- Oversee Team Leaders and project sites on a day to day basis
- Maintain the high quality of work performed by teams in the field
- Communicate clearly with beneficiaries regarding timelines for work completion
- Oversee tool tracking, maintenance, and repairs
- Develop clear training and safety protocols on site and communicate these with Team Leaders.
- Communicate assessment information and any special considerations to Team Leaders before starting new sites
- Maintain accurate tracking systems of worksites completed and current progress
- Offers skilled troubleshooting on construction work sites
- Implements a system of evaluation, including follow up assessments to ensure work is meeting the assessed need and is being performed correctly
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers. Therefore, we require all staff members working in in-person environments (including program staff, office staff, team meetings and program visits) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received all recommended Covid-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.
- Perform other duties as required
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Related Experience Previous experience with All Hands and Hearts preferred; experience working in a post-disaster environment preferred
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must be legally authorized to work in the US. Good written and oral communication skills, basic computer skills. Applicant must be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment and be confident in troubleshooting home construction projects. Valid driver's license required, residential construction knowledge of at least 1-year remodeling and rebuilding homes in the U.S.
- Work Environment/Conditions Based on program; communal living environment. High-stress situations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $13.20-$14.70 USD/ hour, based on position, skills and experience
- Room & board included
- Monthly R&R breaks
- Travel to and from program location
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans
- Flex Spending Account
- 401K with Safe Harbor Match
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.