We’re Hiring for a Compliance Engineering Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE**:** The Compliance Engineering Manager will be responsible for product compliance to governmental or agency standards and safeguarding against liability. This individual will be responsible for interpreting new regulations and putting them into clear terms for organizational consumption. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Advisor to agency and regulatory compliance projects.
- Enforces agency and regulatory compliance for all existing products.
- Accomplishes financial reporting compliance objectives by leading and communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures to direct reports, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Protects assets by tracking applicable laws and regulations that affect product designs, financial reporting and anticipating emerging compliance trends, including cybersecurity, environmental protection, or other regulations.
- Establishes compliance standards and designs improvements to internal control structures.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing regulations, recommending new procedures, and complying with legal requirements.
- Works alongside other managers and senior managers to develop corporate governance guidelines.
- Aligns monetary resources, develops action plans, measures, and analyzes results, initiates corrective actions, and minimizes the impact of variances.
- Develops compliance organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction, establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes compliance operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, accumulating resources, resolving problems, and implementing change.
- Provides engineering support to resolve product and/or manufacturing problems relating to compliance issues.
- Provides guidance on internal and external product testing to verify agency and regulatory compliance.
- Oversees the preparation, organization, and maintenance of all agency and regulatory compliance documentation and related product testing. Also, ensures that internal documentation, drawings, labels, manuals, etc. are accurate and consistent with agency file documentation.
- Interacts with product management, design, and manufacturing to develop test plans and ensure compliance.
- Confers with engineering personnel, other functional areas, and customer representatives to assure proper consideration of customer and agency requirements. Collaborates across the business to assure compliance.
- Assists with developing timelines and scope of work for compliance related projects and activities.
- Understands EPA, DOE, NRCan, OSHA, TSCA, UL, FM, NSF, CSA, TUV, INTERTEK, Prop 65, CM, Red List, and all EU Directives; along with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop/maintain working relationships with regulating agencies such as UL, FM, NSF, CSA, TUV, INTERTEK and all other agencies involved with America’s product lines.
- Inform and train personnel on all compliance directives and changes to standards.
- Liaison with other Xylem engineering units and departments concerning agency compliance, engineering specifications, testing and any other agency related issue. Prepares project or progress reports as required.
- Enhances compliance and organization reputation by bringing compliance recognition to the company and providing leadership in the industry.
- Maintains state-of-the-art compliance programs and keeps job knowledge updated by reading technical journals and professional publications and attending seminars or educational opportunities as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested. May be required to perform other assignments which are normally related to the work of higher or lower engineering classifications.
- The Compliance Engineering Mgr. will report to the Director, Product Safety/Compliance & Engineering Services.
- Requires B.S. degree in Engineering or Technical Field or Equivalent.
- Requires 8+ years of relevant compliance experience or M.S. degree in Engineering or in a technical area of science and research with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Proficient knowledge of and experience working with EPA, DOE, NRCan, OSHA, TSCA, UL, FM, NSF, CSA, TUV, INTERTEK, Prop 65, CM, Red List, and all EU Directives; along with all federal, state, and local regulations to attain and maintain compliance to relevant standards.
- Competent knowledge and competent understanding of agency compliance, engineering standards, principles
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.