All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and depending on the role you apply for you may be required to visit and/or live in our communal program environments. Please note that vaccination is required for all in-person work environments, including program bases and offices. You will also be expected to adhere to particular safety protocols (including relating to COVID-19), and should understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and others around you. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt staff to join meetings and events virtually, to ensure we provide an inclusive environment for those who are unvaccinated or at high risk.
The start date for this position is ASAP. Not open to US residents.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us. We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day. Everyone is welcome.
Learn more about our Türkiye Earthquake Relief program.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides community-inspired, volunteer-powered disaster relief.The position is full-time and is responsible for community engagement, fostering strong bonds between the local communities and All Hands and Hearts on all programs and conducting beneficiary selection as required. This position is also responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of All Hands and Hearts work by collecting and responding to feedback.
- Reports to Program Director
- Roles reporting to position None
- Approximate number of reports 0
- Work with the Project Manager and Field Coordinators to identify and onboard new partnerships, worksites and beneficiary groups in order to facilitate the upcoming work queue for volunteers
- Ensure strong links with partners and local and national government agencies
- Engage the community by building and maintaining relationships between the community (both local community and IDP community), staff and volunteers; involve the community in decisions and provide timely, relevant, and culturally sensitive support as needed
- Identify the local community, the refugee community, and the NGO community within the area, identify the community’s boundaries, influencers and vulnerable populations and build relationships with potential partners
- Ensure clear communication between All Hands and Hearts and the community
- Identify cultural factors (bi-directional) and create appropriate timelines
- Provide transparency to the community regarding All Hands and Hearts projects and objectives
- Manage expectations by clearly communicating All Hands and Hearts’s processes and methodologies
- Ensure communication with the local community and government authorities regarding project milestones, timelines and objectives
- Manage communication with the neighboring communities to ensure cohesion
- Assist PD, OM and PM in the local hiring procedures and beneficiary support
- Manage a volunteer Team Leader to facilitate renewal activities in line with the project scopes, eg. community led projects
- Take a lead on community feedback, supporting the Program Director to implement a meaningful framework of monitoring and evaluation
- In collaboration with the communities and camp management, identify and create meaningful proposals for community led projects, livelihood programs or camp improvements; empower community members throughout the creation and implementation stages of selected projects
- Maintain proper tracking of community meetings and events
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers. Therefore, we require all staff members working in in-person environments (including program staff, office staff, team meetings and program visits) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received all recommended Covid-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.
- Perform other duties as required
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education High school diploma or equivalent required
- Related Experience Previous All Hands and Hearts experience preferred. 1-2 years experience working with community projects.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Must be fluent in Turkish. Driver’s license required. Excellent written and oral communication skills (preferably in both Turkish and English) and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Applicants need to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. Strong leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Environment/Conditions Based on-program, communal living environment; high-stress situations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $800-$1,200 USD/ month, based on position, skills and experience
- Room & board
- Monthly R&R breaks with allowance
- Coverage for emergency medical injury or illness
- Visa extension reimbursement
- Travel to and from program location
- Costs related to COVID-19 entry requirements
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.