THIS IS A HYBRID, TEMPORARY POSITION ENDING JULY 31, 2023.
The Communications Specialist is part of team that focuses on advancing member recruitment and brand building nationwide. Primary responsibilities include writing and editing for digital and print, providing day-to-day management of social channels and support for
marketing projects, ad campaigns and media relations
- Writing & Content Development
• Curate and edit content be featured in print, email, web and social channels.
• Provide writing and editing support for internal and external publications.
• Perform regular content updates to websites and social media accounts.
- Social Media
• Participate in developing and maintaining an editorial calendar.
• Schedule and post paid and unpaid content.
• Complete daily monitoring/social listening to like, respond and moderate comments.
- Media Relations
• Assist with scheduling interviews and preparing releases.
• Track media mentions and maintain reporting.
• Coordinate regional letter to the editor campaigns and op-ed submissions.
- Marketing Support
- Deploy email newsletters, track campaign results, and list growth.
- Coordinate purchase of display advertising, print materials and branded items.
- Assist with reporting on ad performance, conversion rates and web traffic.
- Maintain an up-to-date library of marketing assets and online toolkits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in communications, public relations,
marketing, journalism or related disciplines
- 1+ year of related professional experience or internships
- Demonstrated ability to manage tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills ─ professional writing samples are required
Reading & Math Inc.dba Ampact is committed to compliance with the Minnesota Human Rights Act and the
Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations as possible to
enable employees to perform the essential function of their positions.
This position requires the ability to:
- Travel to office and local sites to attend meetings
- Communicate effectively with people/groups in multiple settings within and outside the
- Effectively utilize existing and emerging technology to achieve required results
- Transport objects that weigh up to 25 pounds
Ampact offers an excellent benefit package including Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life, Disability, PTO and 401(k).
Ampact will not discriminate for or against any AmeriCorps service member or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, familial status, military service, or any other category protected by law. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.